Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Walter Dyer size 40

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f225893742?conversionType=service_page_search

teracafecom_plus-img600x450-1500648389kukska12860.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Was gonna say the same thing!
I've been watching this a while as well. Its a little too large for me, and I would immediately send it to Dena and have the zipper properly re-installed, which would be at least $85 additional. It also, at least by the look of the inside of the sleeve area (where the fur in the cuff area is) looks rather dirty. Just a bit too many question marks for me, but still a great pattern & hide there.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I've been watching this a while as well. Its a little too large for me, and I would immediately send it to Dena and have the zipper properly re-installed, which would be at least $85 additional. It also, at least by the look of the inside of the sleeve area (where the fur in the cuff area is) looks rather dirty. Just a bit too many question marks for me, but still a great pattern & hide there.
I think he's expecting $200 or more.....

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I have this jacket, in size 44, and it weighs about 8 lbs. I am skeptical that 15 lbs is accurate. Whoever bought it, I'd love to hear what the actual weight is.
s-l1600.jpg

The seller did post this picture on the scale, and I'm guessing also entered the shipment weight as 15lbs. because typically heavy leather jackets are around $80 or so to ship to my location while this was $150!

It also has a detachable liner attached although, I'm not sure that will contribute enough to almost double the weight of your jacket!

Hopefully someone here bought it so we can find out the weight, is something 15 lbs. wearable or comfortable???

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 488873

The seller did post this picture on the scale, and I'm guessing also entered the shipment weight as 15lbs. because typically heavy leather jackets are around $80 or so to ship to my location while this was $150!

It also has a detachable liner attached although, I'm not sure that will contribute enough to almost double the weight of your jacket!

Hopefully someone here bought it so we can find out the weight, is something 15 lbs. wearable or comfortable???
I read that closer to 13 lbs. but still, that's a hefty boy, assuming the scale is accurate. Mine has a removable liner, too.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Nice blue Brooks, wish it was a hair bigger.

i-img900x1200-167507644050mwdv780497.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

I was recently commenting on a Green Brooks in the classifieds here. This Blue is of the same early split back style. Talon Tear Drop zipper pulls early 1960s. I do keep an eye for these early ones, they are quite scarce in black, more so in these colors.

Not sure about the upper shoulder of this one. I'm not buying just documenting.

These are nice jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21