Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

I hope I'm right at least. I could just be grasping at straws, but I tried to zoom in on the pictures that show the front and back of the shoulders and it doesn't match up so I I'm feeling sort of relatively confident.:p I'll report when I get it.
Tbh no matter where that hole is, it’s a super easy patch job from the inside. What counts is that you snagged one of the *All-time* coolest vintage Halfbelt designs from arguably the best maker of such things. I remember telling you long ago that the vintage market is your oyster. Now I’m afraid you might be listening and it will send me into a deep dive of….
CE6F259D-5DCC-43E2-9BC7-98CC49E9BB74.gif

Except I am! LOL.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Beautiful cream Buco J-100, around size 42

i-img1200x1200-1678218322l0kbox663320.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Hehe glad someone on the lounge picked it up. Can't wait to see some fit pics!
Thanks! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.
Tbh no matter where that hole is, it’s a super easy patch job from the inside. What counts is that you snagged one of the *All-time* coolest vintage Halfbelt designs from arguably the best maker of such things. I remember telling you long ago that the vintage market is your oyster. Now I’m afraid you might be listening and it will send me into a deep dive of….
View attachment 495812
Except I am! LOL.
Yeah I'm stoked. Definitely the quickest impulse buy I've ever done and I don't think I'll regret it.

I knew you were right when you said that. After getting that Cal from @JCSD i knew vintage was my eventual endgame. I'm just going slow so i dont blow too much money on it right away...
Yeah thats what I saw as well. Thanks for illustrating it!

Ukiyoe2910

New in Town
To me, it looks like it's the missing button that was alluded to in the description. I think I can see the cuff in the foreground of the photo. I'm not as fussed about that as a shoulder hole
Hi, I'm newbie here and l’m Japanese.
This is my first post :)
I was thinking about to buy this jacket too!!
Seller says
Leather is Goat skin, cuff buttons are maybe bakelite, ※ One left cuff button is missing.
But doesn’t say anything about a hole.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Hi, I'm newbie here and l’m Japanese.
This is my first post :)
I was thinking about to buy this jacket too!!
Seller says
Leather is Goat skin, cuff buttons are maybe bakelite, ※ One left cuff button is missing.
But doesn’t say anything about a hole.
I'll report back when I get it. I think the hole is on the sleeve, but I'll find out for sure soon. Right now I'm more concerned with the fit.

Delmared

New in Town
I didn't notice the difference in the pockets. What is interesting about this jacket is the "older" label. I could not find this jacket in the catalog, I was surprised. This is also the model with the low adjustment not a half-belt set up.

There are a lot of variations in these Sponge Bob square pocket jackets, most are Steerhide, I have a Horsehide. Never seen one in Cape.

I thought about buying that jacket, it was cheap. I'm just after different stuff.
Thank you for all that info. I actually ended up buying that jacket based on all that I have learned from your posts on the history of Sears Hercules jackets. I really appreciate all the info you and the TFL members post here. Thanks!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
RMC J24 Size 42 (old sizing, so 42" around the chest or just under 21" P2P)

Biggest size and least expensive I've seen so far, ¥66,000 so about $500, add another $100 for fees and shipping, still the least expensive RMC J24 I've seen. The NOS Talon is on its way out but that's the nature of that Talon. Just go very slow when zipping up.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h1083942603

Mandarin

Practically Family
RMC J24 Size 42 (old sizing, so 42" around the chest or just under 21" P2P)

Biggest size and least expensive I've seen so far, ¥66,000 so about $500, add another $100 for fees and shipping, still the least expensive RMC J24 I've seen. The NOS Talon is on its way out but that's the nature of that Talon. Just go very slow when zipping up.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h1083942603
3 days left. The auction has time to go way up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran