Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Rare early Oakbrook, 1950s style Hercules with the fur collar, steerhide, medium :
Vintage Oakbrook Sears Leather D-Pocket Motorcycle Jacket Fur Hercules Patina | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

It's like the seller set out to do all the measurements the wrong way.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
In the world of Sears branded MC jackets this one is interesting and rare. I thought this one would show up here. One like it is in the Sears MC thread. I will have to update that thread with this jacket.
Exactly, I am still wondering if it's a 60s jacket, or a vintage Herc with the Oakbrook label.
Anyway it's one jacket to buy if it fits.
It's like the seller set out to do all the measurements the wrong way.
Everything done wrong :) We have to imagine what actual measurements are.

Last edited:

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Look forward to your review. My guess is this was a Kurland labeled jacket, probably the oldest edition of the type. this is the throat latch on mine, with the 40s zipper and size tag. I think the last one that came around had a similar button throat latch.

Each of the jackets I have seen have very special leather. Mine reminds me of shinki. As nice as any leather I have seen old or new.

This one was bought new in 1947 by a returning serviceman. I bought it from his nephew who said he never wore it.

View attachment 340423 View attachment 340425

View attachment 340417 View attachment 340418 View attachment 340419 View attachment 340421
There is a similar jacket as this black one on a japanese site, with an older throat latch type. It's a Kurland Star Sportswear, and I am hesitating to buy. Is the HH leather quality absolutely worth buying on these jackets?

There is a similar jacket as this black one on a japanese site, with an older throat latch type. It's a Kurland Star Sportswear, and I am hesitating to buy. Is the HH leather quality absolutely worth buying on these jackets?

Do you have a pic? Based on photos of jackets owned by TM and Mysteryo, plus the one I own…Yes. Ton owned one too.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
This appears to be a Lesco. I have this same jacket in a 46 (and I need a 44:(:(...But I digress). The brown on these ages uniquely and develops a marbling that is really cool. Arguably the coolest or at least one of the coolest brown Cross Zips I've seen. And the very palatable price point that only the undervalued Lesco can offer in a vintage jacket. Looks to be a later model with regular zipper pulls instead of hoops. Size 40.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1848902538...9:g:oDgAAOSw2zdgyS~S&LH_ItemCondition=10|3000

s-l1600.jpg

alish

One of the Regulars
AMF Harley Davidson Sportster, size 36 (19" pit to pit, 24" sleeves), in good condition with nice patina but needs a zipper repair - $80 + shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254960793590?hash=item3b5cd8f7f6:g:f6QAAOSwL3hgivf-

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.17.18 PM.png

I just scored this one from the same seller, which has hardly been worn and with beautiful pebbly grain, for $150 (my wife likes my jackets if they don't have a distressed look, so had to get the more expensive one to keep her happy! lol).

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.23.33 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot