Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
If it were my size it would be gone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275101523685?hash=item400d541ee5:g:lkcAAOSwUYph0mQC

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Wildhorses

Practically Family
This Metropolitan police jacket has the Buco lining label attached. @photo2u and I have discussed these styles being made by others like this one and possible Reed of Detroit. I have seen a Reed just like this collar and all.

Did Buco make these for Metro/Reed or reverse?

s-l1600.jpg

The same jacket was already for sale a few months ago. Interesting, but way (way way) too short for me.
This seller has a collection of used Cal
Guys, please stop complaining.

View attachment 394259

Shipping from the US to Europe is crazy now. Ten yars ago, this jacket would ship for $40-50. Now it's hard to find shipping rates under $100. And every imported thing is taxed now in France, it's awful if the actual value is declared for customs.
If this jacket is a 42-44, I suppose the PtP is bigger than 21,5", rather a 23".

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This Metropolitan police jacket has the Buco lining label attached. @photo2u and I have discussed these styles being made by others like this one and possible Reed of Detroit. I have seen a Reed just like this collar and all.

Did Buco make these for Metro/Reed or reverse?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
based on Buco's industrial muscle, I doubt any jackets were made for the Buco label
As you have observed Buco could have produced the Sear' Alpile jackets

robrinay

One Too Many
Import tax plus shipping on ebay has become a joke now everything has to go through their global shipping program.
I believe eBay U.K. calculate their final value fees on sold price plus shipping costs so I assume it’s the same wherever. I think they used to base it solely on sold price until a number of sellers sold stuff for peanuts and cranked up their shipping charges to avoid fees. If the selller set the postage fee level he’ll pay the same final value fee as if he’d charged less postage and more for the jacket. If eBay calculated the fees to include shipping costs and import duty as part of their global shipping scheme then they’re making any profit not the seller. I hate the global shipping system as a buyer as it’s way too expensive.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I believe eBay U.K. calculate their final value fees on sold price plus shipping costs so I assume it’s the same wherever. I think they used to base it solely on sold price until a number of sellers sold stuff for peanuts and cranked up their shipping charges to avoid fees. If the selller set the postage fee level he’ll pay the same final value fee as if he’d charged less postage and more for the jacket. If eBay calculated the fees to include shipping costs and import duty as part of their global shipping scheme then they’re making any profit not the seller. I hate the global shipping system as a buyer as it’s way too expensive.

When I buy on EBAY.US I ask the seller to find a cheap shipping method, and of course a low value declared for customs. I can't satnd paying twice the price of an item to get it imported. Now it has become a part of the game, finding how to avoid the Global shipping program. Not all sellers will accept though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko