Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

My Scooter

One of the Regulars
Not a single bid so far! Someone snag this. I'm even tempted to buy it just so I can hang it on my wall, framed with some Terminator 2 props.
I texted the seller and asked him what he wanted for the jacket. That was 36 hours ago. I have not had a response as of yet! for me it's a perfect fit. If the seller contacted me we could have worked something out.. Oh well.. I'll have to wait until auction end and see how it goes!

marker2037

Practically Family
I texted the seller and asked him what he wanted for the jacket. That was 36 hours ago. I have not had a response as of yet! for me it's a perfect fit. If the seller contacted me we could have worked something out.. Oh well.. I'll have to wait until auction end and see how it goes!
I hope you get it! It needs to be on the lounge, a part of us.

Dang, it's beautiful. Only thing that keeps me from buying is the flaked collar.
Collar doesn’t bother me. I have worse. This however…is not good, just way too short. :(
6B6B945D-8803-43A7-9F47-6BB2E51EDB8E.jpeg

Copy/Paste did work thanks @Will Zach

I couldn't tell at first but zipper ends way above the bottom hem. It also has quite long sleeves...seems like a design well-suited to the bike but a little tougher for casual use. Is this how yours is @JMax?

Si Senor. Works well on and off bike. Zipper stop at belt line.

Edit: Note the pattern of the padded shoulder and elbows on the Cal CRs. The one for sale on Etsy and mine have the quilted stitch pattern. The ones on eBay have the hot dog stitch pattern.

FC5348A2-6937-4FDA-9B61-A508F482803E.jpeg
570B8FFF-072C-4418-A0EF-AFED15A9BE1F.jpeg

Last edited:

Raul

One of the Regulars
My last 3 Cals and a Vanson have gone to Europe and every time I quote the shipping price, I think they think I'm trying to scam them. If you can cram it into a smaller box, not a lot of packing materials, etc, it's about $80-85 for US to most of Western Europe. The prepaid boxes are more expensive and a Cal or similar jacket will only fit in a large which costs $120 or something like that. DHL would be about $150 for same shipment, albeit probably a few days faster. Europe coming to US is much cheaper for whatever reason. But it does sound like you Europeans are getting crushed with all the taxes and duties, etc.

This is a couriers broker that I used a couple of times to ship from USA to Italy, prices are very low compared to "normal" courier rates and often also lower that USPS but much faster, it's worth to check it out:
https://www.ipsparcel.com/quote.cfm?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
IMO one of the coolest down-insulated Schotts I've ever seen. This would be showing up soon in the What Jacket Are You Wearing Today thread if it was in my size lol.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373870750060

s-l1600.jpg

These are one of a kind. I own a 42 in basically NOS condition and it's toasty warm. Schott took a goose down jacket and basically stitched it into a leather shell with massive genuine mouton collar. The leather isn't super thick or anything fancy, but it was meant as a hunt jacket so I think the topcoat on the hide is fairly weather resistant.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
These are one of a kind. I own a 42 in basically NOS condition and it's toasty warm. Schott took a goose down jacket and basically stitched it into a leather shell with massive genuine mouton collar. The leather isn't super thick or anything fancy, but it was meant as a hunt jacket so I think the topcoat on the hide is fairly weather resistant.

Incredibly jealous haha. I'm at most a 40 probably so I'm sure my size might wind up on the internet somewhere soon.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Dang, it's beautiful. Only thing that keeps me from buying is the flaked collar.

The collar stopped me too. mid 40s zipper. The Wards label is so similar to a Ralphs-Pugh label, but does not look like a RP made jacket. Not so sure it is California Sportswear either.

A great buy. If someone here got it I would be interested in seeing some pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ