Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
24k gold HH $32k ...what a bargain!
$32K Gold shmold. Here's one just like that for 24 bucks...:)

273473698_5036399793091153_1643682234025007893_n.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@tmitchell59 your grail block bilt

Better price

View attachment 404363

Yes I bit too chewed up on the cuff ends for me. the last two for sale recently were much nicer condition. I do like the pockets on the Block.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
What makes you think that this jacket is a Taubers???? Is this just a guess or can you definitively say this is a Taubers??
In all honesty, I only guess it's a Taubers judging by:
- the three snaps on the back of the collar.
- the chest pocket.
- double stitching along the waistband (more seen in older ones).
- the size of this vanished label fits with Taubers'.
However, there are two details I can't relate to this brand (at least a priori):
- snaps on collar.
- this stitching practise on either side of the back:
s-l1600 (13).jpg

Maybe another lounger has more info about this pattern. Anyway, I think it's a very nice jacket!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
In all honesty, I only guess it's a Taubers judging by:
- the three snaps on the back of the collar.
- the chest pocket.
- double stitching along the waistband (more seen in older ones).
- the size of this vanished label fits with Taubers'.
However, there are two details I can't relate to this brand (at least a priori):
- snaps on collar.
- this stitching practise on either side of the back:
View attachment 404802

Maybe another lounger has more info about this pattern. Anyway, I think it's a very nice jacket!

On this jacket, I recently started a Vintage Jacket ID thread in Outerwear because I bought an old jacket that has this same "obelisk" (for lack of a better word) stitching at the bottom. I was using this jacket as a comparison hoping to ID it but both mine and this one have terribly faded labels. Mine is a very different style than this one but the labels seem to be the same.

On mine, it appears you can faintly make out the word WASH in the lower left corner of the label. If this is the correct word that is on the label, the jacket is most likely made in Washington State. Taubers as you know is from San Francisco, CA. Based on the labels, I was pretty positive this is not a Taubers but I wanted to see if you might know something I don't that points to Taubers.

I agree that it looks like a nice jacket. Price is too high IMO for an unidentifiable jacket of this vintage and I think the Seller's measurements may be a little shaky but the hide looks to be nice and it does look old.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
FIND. Total Find!!!! I have never seen a Hercules that looks like this one. I'm sure others have. @tmitchell59 what do you make of this piece?????? The pocket configuration is odd and unique.

1645728630533.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
FIND. Total Find!!!! I have never seen a Hercules that looks like this one. I'm sure others have. @tmitchell59 what do you make of this piece?????? The pocket configuration is odd and unique.

View attachment 404945

I have not seen a jacket like this. It is cool and unique. Late 40s by that black label. There are a lot of cool jackets out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy