Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Guys, grab this. Seriously. Best jacket I got. P2P is 23", not 20".

s-l1600.jpg

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Fake I assume???

View attachment 405369
I thought this was a fake because I could have swore it had a BIN for cheap (the opening bid price) when listed. Perhaps I was confused or the Seller caught it and changed the listing. I hereby withdraw my claim of it being fake

Natal didn't last long. Also, a massive middle finger to whoever got the jacket 'cause it wasn't me even tho I threw in a generous Offer so there's that, too.

I thought this was a fake because I could have swore it had a BIN for cheap (the opening bid price) when listed. Perhaps I was confused or the Seller caught it and changed the listing. I hereby withdraw my claim of it being fake

I do not think it is a fake. 80's Lewis Leathers can be found in all expected and unexpected shapes and forms so there is no reason this jacket wouldn't be it.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Natal didn't last long. Also, a massive middle finger to whoever got the jacket 'cause it wasn't me even tho I threw in a generous Offer so there's that, too.

I do not think it is a fake. 80's Lewis Leathers can be found in all expected and unexpected shapes and forms so there is no reason this jacket wouldn't be it.
Love the color and leather of the jacket. I have seen a broken-in Natal on the flesh. They are nice. Well, who ever got it, beat me to it. I hope is a member here?

Coriu

One Too Many
I would not normally put shoes here, but this is a screaming deal if you wear 8.5 C. Iconic US-made shoe for $50.

Coriu

One Too Many

Schambach

Practically Family
Nice comp weight Vanson CHP, with padding, size 42.

Edward

Bartender

There are a few fakes and 'close-tos' out there. There was also, in the eighties, another brand., totally unconnected, calling itself Lewis (see http://www.ringbell.co.uk/museum/LEW01.htm). Often those crop up being sold with folks not realising that they aren't an Aviakit product.

Yeah. A lot of companies back in the 70s and eighties made jackets very similar to Lewis designs. Certain styles became standardised on the UK market in much the same way as the Perfecto-style jackets in the US were made by a thousand and one different companies. The Highwayman brand's straight zip / shirt collar designs predated the Lewis Corsair and Dominator by several years. Pretty much everybody made a version of the Lewis Lightning design after Lewis premiered it in 1958. The biggest style was the Monza / Super Monza look - cross zip front, with a mandarin collar. In the seventies and eighties as I recall them if you saw a biker in the UK and Ireland, likely as not that's the style of jacket he was wearing. There are giveaways when you're dealing with one of the others, particularly later on - late 70s / into the 80s; unlike Lewis, ime, a lot of the others got caught up in a fashion for comically oversized zips. In that period Lewis had a lot of things we don't now associate with the brand - more padded styles, black liners, and the rest. It's also not uncommon for people at the time to have added Lewis patches and such to non-Lewis jackets. The one in that auction looks legit to me too, but I can also totally see how it looks 'off', as it does a bit, but that was just Lewis by then.... Wasn't until the 90s they refocused to cater to the heritage market, which was kicked up a gear in particular after the current owner bought the company in 2003.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112