Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TSW

Familiar Face
Brown Kehoe in good shape. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224886398887?hash=item345c461fa7:g:slQAAOSwtqhiL4df

1647354688646.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Woefully too small for me or this Ralph-Pughes is on my back by the weekend.
View attachment 410048

Won't fit on my back either. Never seen a RP like this one. Not 30s, but early 50s. I just passed on the older RP that just sold on ebay, trying to show restraint.

Those people from ADT Correos (who process all shipments coming outside of EU via USPS, EMS, Australian Post, etc.) engage in stealing. Lots of problems here in Spain caused by this company, which is a part of the official Spanish post. @willyto overpaid 30€ just because the jacket costs >150€. They've charged their managing and handling, tasks that a citizen can do on its own for free on the Tax Authority website. Edit: Most of times this company doesn't allow people to do these steps directly with the tax office, so you're forced to pay for their managing whether u like it or not.

I overpaid 77€ for a Cal (not counting the jacket price & shipping) which came from Australia about 4 years ago. And I saved money just because I did all these tasks for free online, if not... I would have overpaid ~100€.

This is literally a shame. I don't know how imports are treated in other European countries, maybe they're easier... or just with a clear and honest control by the authorities. I've recently bought a vest in the US and I asked to keep it there because I'll probably travel there soon.

UPS / FedEx / EMS scam middle-man companies are getting rampant here in Croatia, too. I had to tell the company in charge of processing imports by UPS to send back the jacket that I bought, because they didn't want to accept the declared price as factual & wanted to charge the import costs according to weight, which would've add up to a slightly higher amount of money. Something to which I refused to agree, after a week wasted by trying to prove that I indeed have paid as much (or as little) for the jacket.

They even at one point insisted on the original manufacturers receipt and couldn't comprehend my reasoning that the manufacturer has ceased to exist 30 years ago - Not to mention that the original receipt would've shown the price as being far less than what I had paid, inflation and all. . .

Even the national postal service is advising against the use of their services for handling incoming parcels so I am at a loss as to how is this scum even allowed to operate legally.

So yeah, I'm in the same boat, so to speak. On top of insane Duties/VAT, I have to be extra careful which service will my item be shipped through - Yet another reason to ditch all extra-EU markets.

Coriu

One Too Many
This is a $1000 (if not more) piece handmade by Diane Blessing in Colorado, US....for $100. She is renowned for her sheepskin coats. She is retiring this year and closing the shop, so if you want a new one, order now. Check out https://customsheepskinjackets.com/

If this one does not fit, these are several others for sale on ebay now.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
The photos aren’t great but I think I can barely make out that the label is Midwestern Sport Togs. I asked the seller to confirm but a pretty cool trucker for $90 if so.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Dont think I saw this one posted yet. Another doozie...

View attachment 410333
This is so perfect..! @Marc mndt !!

Gents, I posted this one two weeks ago :) Back then asking price was $279. Inflation I guess lol

Too small for me otherwise I would have bought.
Durable?

Mandarin

Practically Family
Those people from ADT Correos (who process all shipments coming outside of EU via USPS, EMS, Australian Post, etc.) engage in stealing. Lots of problems here in Spain caused by this company, which is a part of the official Spanish post. @willyto overpaid 30€ just because the jacket costs >150€. They've charged their managing and handling, tasks that a citizen can do on its own for free on the Tax Authority website. Edit: Most of times this company doesn't allow people to do these steps directly with the tax office, so you're forced to pay for their managing whether u like it or not.

I overpaid 77€ for a Cal (not counting the jacket price & shipping) which came from Australia about 4 years ago. And I saved money just because I did all these tasks for free online, if not... I would have overpaid ~100€.

This is literally a shame. I don't know how imports are treated in other European countries, maybe they're easier... or just with a clear and honest control by the authorities. I've recently bought a vest in the US and I asked to keep it there because I'll probably travel there soon.
This happened to me recently when I received a jacket from Japan. Strangely, it was delivered without me being notified about taxes. Then I received a text from Fedex saying i had to pay 422€ which amounted to 70% of what I had paid!
Comparatively, my previous purchase from Japan cost me only (!) 35% of the amount, and that was only 2 months earlier.
When Fedex sent me the invoice , I replied to them that they must have made a mistake, and there was no way I would pay that amount on taxes. I reminded them of the rule saying that the shipping company must notify the customer of the taxes before delivering the item. It was obvious I would never have accepted the parcel if given the choice, and the parcel would have been sent back to Japan.
Fedex hasn't answered yet.
The shipping companies made an agreement with the customs to take care of paperwork in their place, supposedly to accelerate the process. They seem to take advantage of this agreement to inflate their rates and ask whatever they want from taxpayers, without any control whatsoever from the authorities.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Preliminary size M/L , Measurements tomorrow; looks like a larger one.

View attachment 409773

View attachment 409772

View attachment 409774
I asked the seller for measurements but didn't hear back. Did anyone else enquire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points