Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Sharp

New in Town

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Terrific Californian for $200. Seller says it's deerskin.

1648615632751.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This is bizarre! Cool and ridiculously priced:
Green Windward!
View attachment 414412 View attachment 414411
I'm not going to ask the seller for measurements in order to protect myself from spending crazy money lol.

"No size, ask for measurements. I'd say its a medium tho."

Why on earth doesn't he just include them in the listing? No one is going to bid without knowing measurements.

Jumper

A-List Customer
I've had a couple offers from the seller of this Taylor's, the most recent for around $125.

m_62309e23e97e48eb1a8f70e1.jpg

m_62309e277ec30c87ae130831.jpg

Coriu

One Too Many
I'm not going to ask the seller for measurements in order to protect myself from spending crazy money lol.

"No size, ask for measurements. I'd say its a medium tho."

Why on earth doesn't he just include them in the listing? No one is going to bid without knowing measurements.
...just a thought. Possibly he/she recognizes that many people are not on the same page with regard to measuring a leather jacket and figures it best to have a detailed discussion with a prospective buyer to make sure all are on the same page....along the lines of "call me, if interested" in the old days.

Unless I am buying from someone on here, I always question a seller concerning how they took the measurements and, in many cases, the numbers change after such a discussion.

Coriu

One Too Many
Simply add pics with the measuring tape, easy as that. No detailed discussions needed.

View attachment 414454 View attachment 414455
It's common sense, isn't it? I share the following not to sound contentious, but simply to give a perspective. As an older person, the topic of "What is common sense?" in the digital world is a bit of a hot button for me. Not that long ago, the only classifieds to be found were in...gasp... newspapers....and you did not include photos.

I have been corrected numerous times due to my ineptitude concerning computer/internet/social media etiquette. Heck, just this past week I got "introduced" to some doorbell gadget at a neighbor's house and they laughed at me because I had no idea what to do. Years back I remember a young insurance person who was utterly baffled that my 80+ year-old mother with dementia could not figure out how to do something on-line.

There are a whole bunch of us out there today who were busy surviving as adults while ebay, internet forums, etc. arose. We had to learn along the way...oftentimes, not very effectively. Stuff that is "common sense" to you may not be to an older person.

As a high school teacher, I could point to numerous hilarious situations where my young high school students lack "common sense" about the real world. Last month, I was at the tire store and a 20-something guy had absolutely no idea what a tire alignment was. I've learned not to judge, because younger people today have grown up in a different world than I. Bottom line...."common sense" is not that common today in a world that is evolving at warp speed.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Two very nice TRD leathers - Crosszip around $120 or less and size 46 each:

And an '80's style CR with some additonal vent zippers for $89 buy it now:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not half bad for a 118 either. This place is just a couple miles down the road from me around Chicago and Ashland, been there forever. Had no idea they carried Schott.

It seems like the reason for these crazy prices is that this is stock from a few years ago (so lower base prices) combined with the hefty sale going on. Lots of good stuff, including otherwise discontinued models like the 525 (CHP/Perfecto hybrid):

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Assuming it’s the same seller you can buy this jacket on Depop for about $388. Idk why they assume it would sell for double on eBay lol

Green Windward!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Size 44, check out the leather on this Norshor

1648655303307.png

1648655340698.png

1648655367036.png

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Might be careful with this one. Ad states:

Located in: Tualatin, Oregon, United States

Then read down further and this is stated:
This is Rear jacket, Best Offer i can Accept, Just Message me, Its Will come from my Home Dubai,
Yep, and one positive review, probably fake.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Green Windward!
Never seen anything in this color from anyone of the catalogs. I love that collar and the color. Looks like someone didn't like green and chose not to wear it. This jacket is from the 1950s.

I ask for measurements.

I assume it will be sitting there for some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points