Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
@photo2u and if you get frisky— I’ve always liked the Passaic CR. Likely too extreme and angle for you.

I do like the Passaic. In fact I had one back on the 80's. Was taken at a college party. Passaic is one of my favorite brands. I think they still open at the same building in NJ? I have not seen one for sale on a long time. I currently use a size 44 on that model.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Kamotejoe

New in Town
$500 lewis leathers
https://www.etsy.com/listing/123514...allery-1-1&frs=1&cns=1&organic_search_click=1
il_1588xN.3934672854_cdtg.jpg

willyto

One Too Many
For me that Zipper ruins an otherwise very nice leather jacket...what a bad choice of zipper for a vintage jacket.

Also the the clip on waist adjusters aren't in line with the belted back so makes me think they are another add on.
I don't mind the zip so much but you are right about the waist adjusters. The snaps don't make sense either. I would take it off the sellers hands for $150-$200. It's priced too high IMO as it stands.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This is a 60s jacket, I think. The label and style point in that direction? I might be wrong. The details on the jacket is consistent to the trends of the time. Those zippers are very practical for some users. Personally, I welcome them in motorcycle jackets. As you seat, the zips at the bottom sometimes do not make justice to longer jackets. This zippers style add flexibility at tank/seat area.

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For me that Zipper ruins an otherwise very nice leather jacket...what a bad choice of zipper for a vintage jacket.

Also the the clip on waist adjusters aren't in line with the belted back so makes me think they are another add on.
To me, the zipper is very practical/functional when you think about sitting down in a zipped Car Coat zipping around town in some open top 40s car with a 6" tall "windshield". Its possible they didn't make double zips or they weren't commonly used at the time so they used a single zip. The modern owner was able to score a cheaper zip (doubles run cheaper in my experience than the singles in the same size tend to cost) and have it actually be practical for this design. That said, the aesthetic is not served well by this zipper choice and it sorta ruins the spirit of the vintage look. Understanding the cost and relative rarity of period correct zippers though, I have to admit ya kinda have to work with what you can reasonably source and afford. So, all things considered, it could be worse.

The Kits I’ve handled are special. They were earlier jackets though. I’m actually interested in this one. Weird.

That two way zip is functional and bulletproof. I’ll take that over period correct, limpzips. The OG Talon 5 most Kits have is pretty good. Tough call for me. I like OG but want the thing to work all the time no matter what. I’m a chimp with my zips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21