Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3638988103...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1657577909929.png
1657577938699.png
1657577971067.png

Most motorcycle "clubs" Have their patches at the shoulders area. I think this was an HD patch. For me, the holes are sometimes not a dealbreaker. The quality of the jacket is tops. Good cleaning and conditioning will be a great survivor that I would wear. We have seen the worst come to life in this forum.
What is value in this jacket is the hide. Furthermore, the cut to me is one of the best.

The clubs that matter also have that critical bottom one and it very important to them. I know you know. Just sayin.

I agree it wasn’t a club patch. Likely some type of commercial HD patch, like you say. Top quality CW for sure.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Love this Windward. Shearling is shot to shit and the main zip is non functional, chest pocket needs a pull...I can do the chest pocket but Dena says this will be north of $300 to replace the body with nylon quilt and the main zip...
View attachment 438177

Hey @ton312 --- Just curious because I haven't had super extensive work done on jackets beyond a loose seam or a zipper replacement---but does that ball park price include the cost of the liner material and zipper or does that stuff need to be sourced by the customer?

Hey @ton312 --- Just curious because I haven't had super extensive work done on jackets beyond a loose seam or a zipper replacement---but does that ball park price include the cost of the liner material and zipper or does that stuff need to be sourced by the customer?
That includes all the material. Dena did this same thing for me on my Windward, actually I kept the original zipper. I think the total would probably be closer to $400 but she would have to see the jacket to give a true and fair estimate. If I could get it done for $250 or so I'd do it. $400 is WAY too much.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
That includes all the material. Dena did this same thing for me on my Windward, actually I kept the original zipper. I think the total would probably be closer to $400 but she would have to see the jacket to give a true and fair estimate. If I could get it done for $250 or so I'd do it. $400 is WAY too much.

Yeah I'm with you. I have a few jackets that need work but I can't do $400 per jacket. Most of what I got I could do $150-$250 but when you get up into that $400 range----it has to be a grail type piece that I picked up for a low price.

PS--These Windwards ALL seem to have that thrashed shearling. I don't think I have seen one with it intact.

Yeah I'm with you. I have a few jackets that need work but I can't do $400 per jacket. Most of what I got I could do $150-$250 but when you get up into that $400 range----it has to be a grail type piece that I picked up for a low price.

PS--These Windwards ALL seem to have that thrashed shearling. I don't think I have seen one with it intact.
Agreed. Mine looked exactly like this one...torn in the same way. Up by the neck. The shearling in mine was so dry and brittle it was like dandelion dust.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pics but this shearling lined Hercules had a tear in the lining at the upper back part. My tailor stitched it back together but then a new tear started to develop right next to the old one. Once shearling is dryed out / brittle there's no way to fix it . A full replacement is the only way.

4299529F-E4EB-4754-AC8A-EB5392386B29.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pics but this shearling lined Hercules had a tear in the lining at the upper back part. My tailor stitched it back together but then a new tear started to develop right next to the old one. Once shearling is dryed out / brittle there's no way to fix it . A full replacement is the only way.

View attachment 438183

That jacket is so nice. It looks like some of my monarchs. Most likely, it was made for sears in those production runs. The leather and other features in the jacket leads me to believe it was made in the same year. I particularly love the shoulder areas.

Is the estimate for new shearling? Another type of lining might be less? I always assumed so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider