Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

My first jacket purchase in over a year and I have sold 4 or 5 vintage jackets. I do not know I all ready have two Cal racers. I moving to a ranch just outside of Grass Valley CA next week. Once I get settled in I am considering put a couple of jackets on TFL

Glad I could help. Please let me know what you may decide to sell.

Congrats on the move. I prefer a ranch-type life to being on or super close to the ocean. Though lakes is another matter.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
My first jacket purchase in over a year and I have sold 4 or 5 vintage jackets. I do not know I all ready have two Cal racers. I moving to a ranch just outside of Grass Valley CA next week. Once I get settled in I am considering put a couple of jackets on TFL
It will be exciting if you put some of your Star Gloves up... Not my size, but I bet more than a few people will be interested...:)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Instant buy if it were my size. Be aware, sleeves are shortened.

Cat's Eye. Didn't last long and it shouldn't. Interesting I did pics of the cuffs for a member wanting them on a custom jacket.

The Black one is too small, but has always been a favorite.

Made by California Sportswear Co. for Montgomery Ward c.1950

1660757107167.jpeg
1660757147756.jpeg
1660757249246.jpeg
1660757280707.jpeg
1660757333478.jpeg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You’re moving away from the sea?
I sold my 46-foot sailboat at close to full price within 24 hours of listing her on Yacht World pending the buyer excepting the survey and funding. My wife is not a sailor and I want to spend my time with her and maintain the ranch. We also have our first granddaughter not yer 2 months old within 10 minutes from our new home. Julie, my wife is going to look after young Maeve during the day.
This is our 2nd move in 3 months, we needed to sell our Redwood City home for the cash to buy.
Not exactly Jacket news but we are both very excited to move into Grass Valley.
I post fit pictures of the Cal before we move, it's shipping from Sacramento so should be here before the weekend

I sold my 46-foot sailboat at close to full price within 24 hours of listing her on Yacht World pending the buyer excepting the survey and funding. My wife is not a sailor and I want to spend my time with her and maintain the ranch. We also have our first granddaughter not yer 2 months old within 10 minutes from our new home. Julie, my wife is going to look after young Maeve during the day.
This is our 2nd move in 3 months, we needed to sell our Redwood City home for the cash to buy.
Not exactly Jacket news but we are both very excited to move into Grass Valley.
I post fit pictures of the Cal before we move, it's shipping from Sacramento so should be here before the weekend

Good man. Enjoy it all.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
We also have our first granddaughter not yer 2 months old within 10 minutes from our new home. Julie, my wife is going to look after young Maeve during the day.

I watch my two grand daughters after school. My son and wife moved back home about one year ago and I could not be happier. This is the life I wanted at retirement.

Congratulations on all your moves!

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I watch my two grand daughters after school. My son and wife moved back home about one year ago and I could not be happier. This is the life I wanted at retirement.

Congratulations on all your moves!

@tmitchell59 Put them kids to work on your Leather Jacket Cleaning and Conditioning Assembly Line!!!!!!!!!! What a special house to hang out in as a kid!!! Guitars and Leather Jackets as far as the eye can see!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds mellow Terry.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
It also turned up on my Instagram. The guy has some crazy nice stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChX2yUTv2_n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

View attachment 445367
Yeah he is in my area. He seems to have some good stuff. I think I may have bought from him before. This one is at the smaller end of my range. I don't really have the appetite to spend up near the asking price on this one. Its a hard one for me to value.

I was tempted to get involved in that Pugh posted yesterday but I got turned off by the shipping gouge. $106 to ship from NY to California is an insult to anyone's intelligence. When I see someone doing that---thinking they are outsmarting eBay on the fees....... It rubs me the wrong way. We all know what shipping costs. The jacket is cool enough to bring a good price. You don't need to GOUGE with astronomical shipping!!!

I haven’t seen many Canadian HB’s. I think of Canada as the home of the original Thunderbay jackets and Brimaco, Shield CR’s.

This one definitely stands out. I spotted it on eBay and my heart rate shot up! It’s a size gamble for sure but hard to ignore. Had the measurements been given with photos and a tape perhaps impossible not to buy. It has everything. And more.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I haven’t seen many Canadian HB’s. I think of Canada as the home of the original Thunderbay jackets and Brimaco, Shield CR’s.

This one definitely stands out. I spotted it on eBay and my heart rate shot up! It’s a size gamble for sure but hard to ignore. Had the measurements been given with photos and a tape perhaps impossible not to buy. It has everything. And more.
I agree. Surprised this savvy seller did NOT post measurement pics. The fact its unlabeled and its not American are the only very very very slight drawbacks IMO. I don't even really personally care that its not American---but I feel that American made jackets are more iconic and valuable in general on the open market just based on reputation. I didn't wanna ever say it aloud in The Lounge, but Canadian jackets are something to keep an eye on. They usually go for less money but can be every bit as special. I dig the look of the Lightning Zippers too.

I was just thinking the other day what it would be like to hit up some Canadian vintage stores some day. The problem would be sheer numbers as Canada just has a vastly smaller population than the US and would logically have fewer vintage jackets around. But it IS FREEZING in most of the country for a good stretch of the year. And that's the kind of places where you find concentrations of heavy winter garments. I'm sure there is some really cool stuff up there eh!

ojaw

A-List Customer
I agree. Surprised this savvy seller did NOT post measurement pics. The fact its unlabeled and its not American are the only very very very slight drawbacks IMO. I don't even really personally care that its not American---but I feel that American made jackets are more iconic and valuable in general on the open market just based on reputation. I didn't wanna ever say it aloud in The Lounge, but Canadian jackets are something to keep an eye on. They usually go for less money but can be every bit as special. I dig the look of the Lightning Zippers too.

I was just thinking the other day what it would be like to hit up some Canadian vintage stores some day. The problem would be sheer numbers as Canada just has a vastly smaller population than the US and would logically have fewer vintage jackets around. But it IS FREEZING in most of the country for a good stretch of the year. And that's the kind of places where you find concentrations of heavy winter garments. I'm sure there is some really cool stuff up there eh!
Ha, watch where you go for thrifty deals - I’m in the middle of the country (the ACTUAL middle) and there’s piss all around here. You want to look in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. It was 31° C here today, the cold capital of canader…

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Ha, watch where you go for thrifty deals - I’m in the middle of the country (the ACTUAL middle) and there’s piss all around here. You want to look in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. It was 31° C here today, the cold capital of canader…
Note to Self: NO Bachelor Party plans in Winnipeg!!!! Lol....

I hear ya man........ I hadn't got too far in my musings to set an itinerary but Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and maybe Calgary........... ( I can hit up the West Edmonton Mall if nothing pans out in Calgary.......) would have to be on there. I always wanted to try the Montreal Smoked meat----- like pastrami sort of....... looks awesome......but I hate cheese so I can't do the Poutine........

ojaw

A-List Customer
Note to Self: NO Bachelor Party plans in Winnipeg!!!! Lol....

I hear ya man........ I hadn't got too far in my musings to set an itinerary but Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and maybe Calgary........... ( I can hit up the West Edmonton Mall if nothing pans out in Calgary.......) would have to be on there. I always wanted to try the Montreal Smoked meat----- like pastrami sort of....... looks awesome......but I hate cheese so I can't do the Poutine........
You want to get bagels along with the smoked meat in Montreal, St Viateur and Fairmot preferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ