Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Schott

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2040796535...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

A906A278-CF58-426D-86A1-AF2D69E441F3.jpeg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 447686
Vintage 1940s 40s WWII bomber motorcycle brown leather brass talon zipper jacket mens size small tight
That’s the description on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/732513471/vintage-1940s-40s-wwii-bomber-motorcycle

Reminds me of a Langlitz though with the neat but far spaced contrast stitching
Man, for years it seemed like everything that came up for sale was a Large/42, lately everything seems to be a Small, 38, or 36. I wonder what drives such trends.

Damon141

Practically Family
Man, for years it seemed like everything that came up for sale was a Large/42, lately everything seems to be a Small, 38, or 36. I wonder what drives such trends.
I agree!
Well atleast in my short time here that the vast majority of vintage jackets that look like they have been in the closet for 30 years are small sized.
Then if vintage isn’t your thing then there are amazing deals on newer grail types like a few unused Thedi & Himel & Eastman jackets for $1k or less, and like new RMC, Flat Head, and double Helix for $1,500 or less.
It’s a good time to have a trim frame.

Edit: as I post this a really nice large Sears cross zip pops up. But for the most part…

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The Japanese Sellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol....... I say this mostly tongue in cheek..........

Every jacket from Japan is gonna be smallish. Almost always pretty damn cool jackets too. I think that the strong Japanese interest and their vibrant reproduction market does infuse more smaller sizes into the listings of modern repros at least. True vintage has always seemed to have few larger sizes compared with the 36-40 range.

Maybe guys are buying up all the 42s and hoarding them????? Noooooooooo...........no........ that would NEVER happen here!!!!!!!!!! lol

That was quick!

Give away price. I seriously just sold one and thought about buying this one. Lol. Mine was larger and in better shape tho. This seller just didn’t know what he had. Check out his prices for his other jackets, some are rather high imo. Lucky for us, not unusual with Cals.

Schambach

Practically Family
Give away price. I seriously just sold one and thought about buying this one. Lol. Mine was larger and in better shape tho. This seller just didn’t know what he had. Check out his prices for his other jackets, some are rather high imo. Lucky for us, not unusual with Cals.
Absolutely. I’ve gotta get better at spotting them. Seems like the six panel back is the main thing to look for?

Claybertrand

One Too Many
That was quick!

I took a flyer on this jacket. Apparently, @JMax and I both suffer from the same rare form of insomnia where we awaken late at night and buy jackets we don't need.......

I have been on a Cafe Racer kick the last few months and I always wanted to try a Cal. I have been circling a few lately but they always tend to go for higher than my budget allows at the time. I don't know if the size will even work out for me. It is admittedly at the small end of my size range so it could well be on the move if it doesn't work out.

For the price, I could not resist giving it a try. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure someone here take it in and if not, the Seller does accept expedient returns (14 days). The snap is one of the easiest fixes to have to do and I could even send it up to Ventura to have Cal do it.

All of these factors plus a sleepy, groggy and shall we say....... temporarily diminished mental state had me hitting the buy button.

Tonight I gotta try Nyquil.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points