Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I believe if the seller knows the actual name of the jacket, it should be clearly stated or pointed out that is a lady's jacket. The zip orientation is in the oppositive side of the man's side is not a concern to me. However, what truly makes it hard for some people to wear is the back length. The cycle queen is very trim and petite and short. Ladies prefer this look for motorcycle riding. In the past, Vansons did not do this with their best quality jacket such as the model E for ladies. My daughter has one is very much the same in proportion and symmetry as my model E.
Actually, Terry did make a video on the cycle queen if I remember correctly. My daughter has a nice old late 40s early 50s with the green and black wool lining. I got it for her when she was 13 years old.

Last edited:

Bluechel

Practically Family
When you have the time and the inspiration, please post some info on the differences between the various Branded jackets. This would be interesting and helpful to let WE THE LOUNGE scrounge up all the higher quality ones and leave the lessers to the LAY PEOPLE of the world who do not posses our high intelligence and good looks!!!!!!!!
I think Branded deserves a full deep dive for sure! Many threads have started to here, it’s pretty fascinating, like the mysterious Natal/Natel leather!

Los Angeles Sport Togs
91EBC673-74A8-4D66-9200-C35D9E950054.jpeg
https://www.etsy.com/listing/131093...763&click_sum=ed6de748&ref=shop_home_active_2

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I think this Hercules is an earlier version of this Oakbrook (the younger brother of Hercules) that @tmitchell59 is selling...............The main difference I see is the collar on the Herc is leather while it seems the Oakbrook is suede and it looks like the pocket trim on both of them is also leather. The cuff adjusters on the Herc appear maybe closer to the cuff ends. But this jacket being used vs. the NOS Oakbrook may explain the cuff adjusters.

1664120501862.png

1664120323945.png

An interesting jacket I have not seen before and here we have TWO!!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I think this Hercules is an earlier version of this Oakbrook (the younger brother of Hercules) that @tmitchell59 is selling...............The main difference I see is the collar on the Herc is leather while it seems the Oakbrook is suede and it looks like the pocket trim on both of them is also leather. The cuff adjusters on the Herc appear maybe closer to the cuff ends. But this jacket being used vs. the NOS Oakbrook may explain the cuff adjusters.

View attachment 453540

View attachment 453539

An interesting jacket I have not seen before and here we have TWO!!!

same jacket different year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ