Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Observe

Practically Family
LOL. Look at this ass hat.
View attachment 486842
Avoid this d bag
I've been a buyer and seller on ebay and I get that sometimes people can waste your time with inane questions. I always do my best to answer questions, and even respond to idiotic lowball offers. But I've noticed lately that sellers have simply not been replying to my questions regarding sizing. I guess they just don't care enough to respond. I won't buy from anyone who refuses to reply to sizing questions, or questions in general, especially if pictures of measurements are not provided or if the stated measurements seem off for the size/style.

I've been a buyer and seller on ebay and I get that sometimes people can waste your time with inane questions. I always do my best to answer questions, and even respond to idiotic lowball offers. But I've noticed lately that sellers have simply not been replying to my questions regarding sizing. I guess they just don't care enough to respond. I won't buy from anyone who refuses to reply to sizing questions, or questions in general, especially if pictures of measurements are not provided or if the stated measurements seem off for the size/style.

I just had some seller tell me that he would only send measurement pictures if I put in an offer he liked. Idiot needs to hear Baldwin’s ABC speech so that he can earn his coffee.

Last edited:
The easiest way to avoid answering unwanted questions is to simply put the 5 minutes of work into the front end and include accurate measurements. These sellers that don't answer questions and "don't accept returns" are fools b/c ebay is set up to allow a return for any reason the buyer can dream up under the "not as described" clause. I don't see why any seller would open themselves up to this willingly, but it seems they do.

Observe

Practically Family
The easiest way to avoid answering unwanted questions is to simply put the 5 minutes of work into the front end and include accurate measurements. These sellers that don't answer questions and "don't accept returns" are fools b/c ebay is set up to allow a return for any reason the buyer can dream up under the "not as described" clause. I don't see why any seller would open themselves up to this willingly, but it seems they do.
Good point. Ebay will side with the buyer most of the time as the burden of proof seems to be overwhelmingly on the seller. As a seller, I always cover my ass with detailed listings.

Oakbrook. Not sure who made this version, but the hide is nicer than most. French seams.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4041424839...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

011EDE00-F561-4800-8C0F-81C89CA7EC4D.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Pretty wild Buco. Not cheap.

Another in a disappointing string of cool jacket finds that are too small for me lol

View attachment 487911 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/678713167287625/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A7c331fcc-3fcc-42d5-b234-9acc34a90879

That is a reality with most vintage jackets. LOL. On a serious note, this one is in excellent condition with the belt and mouton collar. I have never seen a j24L in this condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ