Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Amazing to see 2 in the same day! Not sure it is CSC, but doesn't make much difference. So nice! Never seen interior pockets like the ebay jacket.
The double stitching around the pockets, the rectangular side adjuster “d-rings” and the back design to me are all hallmarks of CSC, but you’re absolutely right, it doesn’t make much difference. If not CSC then it’s another west coast maker, they were all amazing!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
CSC had a varied menu! The jacket above with Rolled sleeves is a California and unlike any I have seen. They did have some standard styles which they tweaked.

It does appear too be the Snake jacket on ebay. I have the Bill Kelso Duke and they appear the same. They used a Monarch for their pattern. I know they had a pic of the original. It may have been in Capeskin. I will look.

The double stitching around the pockets, the rectangular side adjuster “d-rings” and the back design to me are all hallmarks of CSC, but you’re absolutely right, it doesn’t make much difference. If not CSC then it’s another west coast maker, they were all amazing!

Reactions: jeo

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2044929230...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
1696885606167.png

jeo

One Too Many
CSC had a varied menu! The jacket above with Rolled sleeves is a California and unlike any I have seen. They did have some standard styles which they tweaked.

It does appear too be the Snake jacket on ebay. I have the Bill Kelso Duke and they appear the same. They used a Monarch for their pattern. I know they had a pic of the original. It may have been in Capeskin. I will look.
My jacket and the one on eBay are not quite the same as the Snake Plissken jacket.

The snake jackets (as well as the Bill Kelso Duke) have a center seam in the back, don't have epaulets, have an exposed button on the flap pocket and true "d-rings, while my jacket and the one on eBay have epaulets and no center seam, hidden button on the flap pocket and rectangular rings. Otherwise they are identical to the snake jacket.

Perhaps same maker, different years/versions?

Is there a picture anywhere of the original jacket with a label that Kelso used for the Duke? I tried looking on their website but couldn't find anything. I think I may have seen a snake jacket with a Monarch label once but maybe I'm just making that up in my head haha

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
My jacket and the one on eBay are not quite the same as the Snake Plissken jacket.

The snake jackets (as well as the Bill Kelso Duke) have a center seam in the back, don't have epaulets, have an exposed button on the flap pocket and true "d-rings, while my jacket and the one on eBay have epaulets and no center seam, hidden button on the flap pocket and rectangular rings. Otherwise they are identical to the snake jacket.

Perhaps same maker, different years/versions?

Is there a picture anywhere of the original jacket with a label that Kelso used for the Duke? I tried looking on their website but couldn't find anything. I think I may have seen a snake jacket with a Monarch label once but maybe I'm just making that up in my head haha
I looked for the Monarch labeled pattern jacket from BK, but have not found the image.. It was brown, capeskin? Pic is probably in a thread here.
Variations on a theme, also came in button front

Reactions: jeo

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

jeo

One Too Many
Sportclad surcoat without belt, so long half belt? 23" P2P, 25" sleeves! ¥29,000 plus shipping, should land in North America under USD $300
Everything seems to be in good working condition.
https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/cozyvintage/200407s8-m-jk-lt.html#
View attachment 551372

Another one from the same seller, smaller jacket, needs new zip and lining, but bery cool cuffs. Blockbilt?
¥22000 (USD 160) plus shipping (about 75)
https://cozyvintage.stores.jp/items/63030fb2a7e5605df100a830
View attachment 551373 View attachment 551374 View attachment 551375
The second one is very interesting, especially the French seams connecting the sleeves to the body. Looks like nice goatskin too. Too bad it’s a little big for me because for that price I’d totally take a chance on it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The second one is very interesting, especially the French seams connecting the sleeves to the body. Looks like nice goatskin too. Too bad it’s a little big for me because for that price I’d totally take a chance on it.
Yeah the goatskin patina’ed real nice and there are some real nice features on this one. This seemingly basic Cossack jacket has delicate stitchings throughout. Quite cool, they took the time to make it back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy