Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Did someone here get it this time around? A little surprised at how much less it went for...

View attachment 551543

@ton312 was right, some shady bidding was going on last time around. $900 and change is much more reasonable for this jacket; I hope @jeo got it.

Yes, I was the winning bidder.

Not sure what happened first time around nor do I care. If anything, the shadiness helped me as I got it for quite a bit less than my max bid.

I paid, now let’s see if I’ll get the jacket lol!

alish

One of the Regulars

Not sure what happened first time around nor do I care. If anything, the shadiness helped me as I got it for quite a bit less than my max bid.

Congrats!! Glad it worked out!!

Reactions: jeo

Nacho

Practically Family
@jeo Last time we talked, you mentioned you have a little over 60 jackets. With all the recent acquisitions, you’re probably close to 80, no? At this rate, you’re gonna hit 100 soon enough.

jeo

One Too Many
Here's another that sold in auction for $787 that just got relisted. Now it's at $699.99 with a BIN.

(my size but it's a little too delicate for my taste, I also don't like the painted insignia on the shoulder, ruins it for me)

s-l1600.jpg

More shadiness or is it just buyers getting cold feet?

In the case of the jacket I just bought, if there were shill bids driving up the price to $1600 with the intention of getting more, then it didn't work. In fact, it hurt the seller. When it "sold" for $1600, I had a max bid of $1250. Now I got it for $950. That's a $300 swing.

I think someone got too excited and in the heat of the bidding got carried away. Once the auction was over they realized they made a big mistake by overpaying and got cold feet.

IMG-3875.PNG

jeo

One Too Many
@jeo Last time we talked, you mentioned you have a little over 60 jackets. With all the recent acquisitions, you’re probably close to 80, no? At this rate, you’re gonna hit 100 soon enough.

Yes I've been going a little crazy lately, I need to chill out but these amazing jackets and other opportunities just keep on popping up!

Not sure how many I have now. Until you asked me a while back I didn't even realize I was at 66 jackets. I'm definitely close to 80 now if not more.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Here's another that sold in auction for $787 that just got relisted. Now it's at $699.99 with a BIN.

(my size but it's a little too delicate for my taste, I also don't like the painted insignia on the shoulder, ruins it for me)

View attachment 551622

More shadiness or is it just buyers getting cold feet?

In the case of the jacket I just bought, if there were shill bids driving up the price to $1600 with the intention of getting more, then it didn't work. In fact, it hurt the seller. When it "sold" for $1600, I had a max bid of $1250. Now I got it for $950. That's a $300 swing.

I think someone got too excited and in the heat of the bidding got carried away. Once the auction was over they realized they made a big mistake by overpaying and got cold feet.

View attachment 551623
Time for ebay to automatically withhold the payment from the winner upon completion of the auction. No cancellations; maybe only with a penalty of 50% of the winning bid, also withheld automatically.

jeo

One Too Many
Time for ebay to automatically withhold the payment from the winner upon completion of the auction. No cancellations; maybe only with a penalty of 50% of the winning bid, also withheld automatically.
What do mean withhold? They can't withhold something that isn't paid. Do you mean automatically pay the seller on behalf of the buyer? Take money right out of their PayPal account?

Congratulations on a stellar jacket!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I totally understand and acknowledge there is a problem, but I don't know about that. That's a bit of an overreach as far as I'm concerned. I'm no lawyer but is that even legal?
I think so. On another platform, Poshmark or some other (I don't remember which), when you make an offer and it is accepted, the platform charges your Paypal automatically (you have to agree to that beforehand, but the charge is automatic). Isn't a bid in an auction an offer to buy at that price, in a way?

jeo

One Too Many
I think so. On another platform, Poshmark or some other (I don't remember which), when you make an offer and it is accepted, the platform charges your Paypal automatically (you have to agree to that beforehand, but the charge is automatic). Isn't a bid in an auction an offer to buy at that price, in a way?

Perhaps if it’s in the user agreement? Again, I’m no lawyer so I have no clue.

I do think that in most cases there is a 24 hour “right of rescission”. In other words, buyers are allowed to get cold feet. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.

AHP91

Practically Family
This is a cool vest that I’d buy if it fit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy