Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
Yep, it was affixed to the jacket.
Probably after market. Don’t think Buco ever did that.

Here’s an ad for a J-65. Snaps on the top lapels. Double welts. Looks like no epaulettes too.

IMG_4551.jpeg

I think the eBay jacket is a J-71 with no studs.

Edit - or maybe it’s a different model altogether, just like the difference between a J-81 and a J-82 are the studs.

Last edited:

Al 916

One Too Many

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Hey folks, just wanted to say that I was the one who sent an offer and bought this. Seller seemed really nice, but this is definitely NOT NOS/Deadstock condition. There's some wear pictured on the right shoulder here, and there was also some fading inside the collar. Just an FYI in case you see this go up for sale again. Honestly I would have been fine paying just a little less if it was honestly advertised. It's in terrific shape for its age, but I don't want to reward people for hyperbolic eBay descriptions.

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6491.jpeg
    IMG_6491.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 98

Biff42

One of the Regulars
Hey folks, just wanted to say that I was the one who sent an offer and bought this. Seller seemed really nice, but this is definitely NOT NOS/Deadstock condition. There's some wear pictured on the right shoulder here, and there was also some fading inside the collar. Just an FYI in case you see this go up for sale again. Honestly I would have been fine paying just a little less if it was honestly advertised. It's in terrific shape for its age, but I don't want to reward people for hyperbolic eBay descriptions.
They should have disclosed that, but it's still in great shape. Did you bring it to their attention and ask for some concession? You should do that before providing a negative review and see if they try to make it right.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Sort of, I brought it to their attention in the form of a request for return. They accepted it within minutes which I appreciated. The rub for me is that the seller literally said in the listing "It doesn’t look worn at all!" when yes, it does seem a little worn. I don't have a vested interest in hurting this seller's eBay rep so I'm undecided on if I'll leave a review, but at the very least I became aware of this jacket through this thread so sending an update seems prudent since it might show up again.

They should have disclosed that, but it's still in great shape. Did you bring it to their attention and ask for some concession? You should do that before providing a negative review and see if they try to make it right.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Sort of, I brought it to their attention in the form of a request for return. They accepted it within minutes which I appreciated. The rub for me is that the seller literally said in the listing "It doesn’t look worn at all!" when yes, it does seem a little worn. I don't have a vested interest in hurting this seller's eBay rep so I'm undecided on if I'll leave a review, but at the very least I became aware of this jacket through this thread so sending an update seems prudent since it might show up again.
I'm following this jacket because of the "made in the West" wording. This label means out west, but not California. I know of only 2 makers in the west outside of CA, during this time, early/mid 50s. Seattle Woolen and American Sportswear in Utah. This is an American Sportswear jacket. I'm not surprised it had issues eventhough it appears unworn. Ironically, I recall this jacket came from Seattle!

tek8080

Familiar Face
Ebay.com is running a promo until November 19th that seems to work on most leather jackets. It might be limited to certain accounts, and it probably depends on the category the jacket is listed under, so your mileage may vary. But I tried it on a handful of leather jackets and it worked on all of them.

Minimum $200 purchase, use code THREADS10 to save 10% off BIN price or your make an offer price. Coupon is capped at a maximum of $100 off.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Ebay.com is running a promo until November 19th that seems to work on most leather jackets. It might be limited to certain accounts, and it probably depends on the category the jacket is listed under, so your mileage may vary. But I tried it on a handful of leather jackets and it worked on all of them.

Minimum $200 purchase, use code THREADS10 to save 10% off BIN price or your make an offer price. Coupon is capped at a maximum of $100 off.

[/URL]
Yes, it works!! Thanks for the head's up.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

AHP91

Practically Family
Singer brand HB, goat, 44, $280

Great looking jacket in a big size, not too sure about the leather condition on the shoulders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy