Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This jacket was discussed here. Just showed up on ebay and already taken down. Does this jacket belong to a member here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2354428084...uid=qwq2X50PT7y&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
1708628365236.png

AHP91

Practically Family
Gone for $400. Pre war Scully in excellent condition marked a 44. I did not see the Scully label until today. I Certainly would have paid $400. I may own this same jacket without the labels
Particularly rare to see a police jacket this age in seemingly unused condition.

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
Gone for $400. Pre war Scully in excellent condition marked a 44. I did not see the Scully label until today. I Certainly would have paid $400. I may own this same jacket without the labels

I agreed a price (more than $400) with him in December for this jacket, then at the last minute he decided he wanted more money so I left it alone. I knew he got it for about $100 so it was difficult to go too high for it. I managed to find a Seattle Woolen police jacket since then so I guess that's why I didn't go back to him, along with the fact he backed out on me earlier.

@KBlake I've said this about a few jackets you have - if this one doesn't fit or something, please get in touch.

blm14

One of the Regulars

KBlake

One Too Many
It's a great buy - beautiful jacket in a big size from the early 40s in near mint condition. I see lots of less spectacular jackets trading hands for more
It turns out the seller had the measurements wrong. The p2p is only 20" so I canceled the sale.

AHP91

Practically Family
It turns out the seller had the measurements wrong. The p2p is only 20" so I canceled the sale.

Very odd. If you're basing it on the photo that was posted previously in this thread, it looks like there's more room than 20. Would be very odd for a tag size 44 to have a 20 armpit to armpit, even vintage. Of course, as you know, you should make your own decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot