Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many

nice looking mystery horsehide. any of you old jacket nerds id?

Rich Sher

Doesn’t look like a Rich Sher to me. That generic horsehide tag that many companies and brands seemed to use isn’t something you see on RS jackets. Their half belt styles also usually feature the western yoke and higher half belt. I’ve seen a steerhide RS on the lounge with a clean back too.

Rich Sher jackets were made by Novelty Sportswear MFG Co. (hence the NS in the crown of the logo) and they had their own distinct horsehide and steerhide labels.

IMG_0058.jpeg
IMG_0116.jpeg
IMG_0326.jpeg
IMG_0127.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Doesn’t look like a Rich Sher to me. That generic horsehide tag that many companies and brands seemed to use isn’t something you see on RS jackets. Their half belt styles also usually feature the western yoke and higher half belt. I’ve seen a steerhide RS on the lounge with a clean back too.

Rich Sher jackets were made by Novelty Sportswear MFG Co. (hence the NS in the crown of the logo) and they had their own distinct horsehide and steerhide labels.

View attachment 612660 View attachment 612662 View attachment 612665 View attachment 612663
You're right, it doesn't look like a Rich Sher.

At first glance I thought I recognized a Rich Sher by the pocket layout but the layout is actually different. Also note how the side panels on a Rich Sher are sewn on top of the halfbelt. The mercari jacket is constructed differently.

F1678BFC-77B9-4ADB-A079-A5EF266FD9EF.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I thought the mystery maker was already solved.
Yeah at one point I thought they were rebranded Rich Sher jackets. Looking closer at its construction and the different horsehide / steerhide labels as pointed out by @jeo, I have to conclude that I was wrong.

jeo

One Too Many
[@jeo next question: which company produced the Phillips 66 jacket?

Good catch on the Phillips patch outline. Don’t think I’ve ever seen this version of the Phillips 66 before with the single welt hand warmer pockets and back design. It threw me off. It looks really nice though I must say. Looks like it could be even small for me! Price is high too.

Who made them is indeed the question.

You're right, it doesn't look like a Rich Sher.

At first glance I thought I recognized a Rich Sher by the pocket layout but the layout is actually different. Also note how the side panels on a Rich Sher are sewn on top of the halfbelt. The mercari jacket is constructed differently.

View attachment 612668

Can you show the back of the Rich Sher?

Last edited:

blm14

A-List Customer

BG orchard MC (which are the nicest ones) in size 44, $140 BIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff