Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fire at Johnson Leather in SF

MercuryMan76

New in Town
Just thought I'd let everyone know that, unfortunately, there was a building fire at Johnson Leather last night. Nobody was hurt but there's substantial damage to the store and pretty much all of their inventory suffered smoke/water damage. Needless to say it will take some time for them to sort things out and get back up and running, but they're working on it. Just thought you would all like to know.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eeek! I'm so sorry to hear this. Not just because my custom jacket
was almost done, but because they are just so nice. Dang. I'll have
to swing by this week. Thanks for posting.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Wow, tough week around here! Aero's break-in, now a fire at Johnson.

Will sure be praying and thinking of them as they sort throgh thier losses, really glad no one was hurt, by far the most important part. Hope they can get back up and going again soon...

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Damn all those awesome leather jackets :(

I hope all their inventory isn't too badly damaged and they can get everything sorted out smoothly.

Must suck to have your awesome little shop damaged like this. But it's not over, just a set back.

My order with them will probably be delayed and I understand.

That's a really shit news! Sad to hear happen to such a great company. JL is the best and Alan is a really awesome guy. I really hope they'll be back on the track asap. Best of luck, Alan!

Last edited:
^man seriously. Alan and co. couldn't be better folks to work with. Literally in a class all their own with regard to customer satisfaction. Hopefully this is only a minor set back for them and then get to doing what they do best without too many problems.

Jeff C.

New in Town
That's too bad. I have a cowhide, Langlitz Columbia motorcycle jacket, I sent to them a few years ago. I had them redo the collar to a short, stand job and added quilted shoulder and elbow pads, all in horsehide. They provided great work for a reasonable price.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I had a jacket requiring alterations boxed up to be mailed to JL tomorrow. Clearly they have bigger concerns now and I will hold off until I hear they are up and running again. Wow, Thurston Brothers, Aero, and now Johnson Leathers.

technovox

One Too Many
So sorry to read this unfortunate news. I saw it posted on their website last night.
Alan & JL are the some of nicest and most accommodating people I've worked with in the leather jacket making business.
Wishing them a speedy recovery and hoping they'll re-open soon!

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a shame! I have already had conversations with Alan regarding a jacket and he was great to talk to!

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Yup, so my jacket was damaged... said it is gonna be several months.

I paid my full deposit and they offered me a refund.

I'm gonna keep my order and just be patient with them. I hope it comes this year. Have a levis half belt in overdye cxl on order

Yup, so my jacket was damaged... said it is gonna be several months.

I paid my full deposit and they offered me a refund.

I'm gonna keep my order and just be patient with them. I hope it comes this year. Have a levis half belt in overdye cxl on order
It'll be worth the wait. Set it and forget it. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner