Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Riu

Practically Family
I like A with bigger pockets and maybe without the side panel.

Pockets are a bit small right, I thought it just seemed small after working on the design for a bit of time but I also feel I'd like them a bit bigger. It is cleaner without that side panel, thank you, Jin.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Pockets are a bit small right, I thought it just seemed small after working on the design for a bit of time but I also feel I'd like them a bit bigger. It is cleaner without that side panel, thank you, Jin.

On photos yes it does seem a bit small but I think it's also because of having side panels that make it seem smaller. It's still a working design so it's easy to chop and change. How will the back of the jacket look?

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
On photos yes it does seem a bit small but I think it's also because of having side panels that make it seem smaller. It's still a working design so it's easy to chop and change. How will the back of the jacket look?

I made a few more variants, I definitely like the hand warmers bigger and I've added two designs for the back. Sorry for the pictures spam

Truckerd.jpg

Truckere.jpg

Truckerf.jpg

truckerback1.jpg

truckerback2.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It’s so cool that we have a maker we can just throw all this stuff at, and depending on what you are doing, have the jacket made for around $300 bones and delivered in two weeks. @Riu once you have your design locked, spend an equal amount of time on the measurements. If you haven’t already, look back through this thread and look at what to provide. I suggest everything. Do that and you will be exceedingly surprised and delighted. Can’t wait to see the end result!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Looks pretty good to me. Nice not to have a waistband. Personally I don't like the look of waistbands on any jacket design, they kind of cut off or divide a nice clean design to me. Without a zip on the top pocket it helps to have the thiner piping along the pocket entry and angling it also makes the look more natural and less stiff. Do you think the side pocket entry should better match the chest pocket? I'm on the fence on this. I would consider a slightly larger collar shape.

abone

A-List Customer
wow what a grain... perhaps remodel the end of the belt at least to make it easier to get into the buckle and looking better
The jackets probably finished by now. I’ll see how the final pics look. As I mentioned in another reply to this topic, I have a Vanson Oxford and although not a half-belt, it does have cinch belts that are oriented the same way as this, and for sure I have to take the jacket off to tighten or loosen.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The jackets probably finished by now. I’ll see how the final pics look. As I mentioned in another reply to this topic, I have a Vanson Oxford and although not a half-belt, it does have cinch belts that are oriented the same way as this, and for sure I have to take the jacket off to tighten or loosen.
I mean not the orientation, just the tip of the belt strap looked very square ] on the pic, perhaps a slightly ) or > would work better, they probably can be adjusted even after the jacket is finished just cut a little and top stitch back again.

abone

A-List Customer
I mean not the orientation, just the tip of the belt strap looked very square ] on the pic, perhaps a slightly ) or > would work better, they probably can be adjusted even after the jacket is finished just cut a little and top stitch back again.
Now that I hadn’t noticed.... and for sure it being squared off doesn’t look right. I’m on it!
I was so enamoured by the grain I hadn't noticed the details like this!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Looks pretty good to me. Nice not to have a waistband. Personally I don't like the look of waistbands on any jacket design, they kind of cut off or divide a nice clean design to me. Without a zip on the top pocket it helps to have the thiner piping along the pocket entry and angling it also makes the look more natural and less stiff. Do you think the side pocket entry should better match the chest pocket? I'm on the fence on this. I would consider a slightly larger collar shape.
yeah probably better with slimmer pocket trim on the handwarmer too, I just angled the chest pocket removed the zip and brought it down a bit, drop/ curved the front hem a bit to match the angled cuff, and angled the handwarmer a bit more , and modify the collar
from Riu's last pic.

Sorry Riu, I hope you're alright with this... much easier to just edit your pic than typing
Trucker5final2.jpg

since you bank the whole design on that piped pocket, how about make it bigger like this, so it looks more balanced perhaps.

and this one is just for my own satisfaction:D:D:D
Trucker5final3.jpg

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
yeah probably better with slimmer pocket trim on the handwarmer too, I just angled the chest pocket removed the zip and brought it down a bit, drop/ curved the front hem a bit to match the angled cuff, and angled the handwarmer a bit more , and modify the collar
from Riu's last pic.

Sorry Riu, I hope you're alright with this... much easier to just edit your pic than typing
View attachment 307941
since you bank the whole design on that piped pocket, how about make it bigger like this, so it looks more balanced perhaps.

View attachment 307940

You got my attention with that curve :D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
from Riu's last pic.

View attachment 307941

View attachment 307940

That's it Navetsea - nice work. You got me wanting one of these now.

Riu

Practically Family
from Riu's last pic.

View attachment 307941

View attachment 307940

Brilliant! The beauty of having other creative minds around you :) It's more cohesive now, cleaner and I like it. The only thing is the hand warmers they're a little too big for my liking and I like them to be aligned with the bottom seam. Apart from that, I can say it improves the design a lot.

I like a clean minimal look without anything to stand out too much, I have tried to align the hand warmers angle with the chest pocket.

I don't like waistbands either, this is getting right where I wanted with ideas from everybody. And of course, I'm ok with you editing the design - that's why I even made it like this instead of just a sketch as it's much easier to visualise it.

It's really nice to play with those organic lines @navetsea, I'm sure you could push it further to your liking :D

Indeed it's a great opportunity to be able to throw our designs to Shawn and get such results. I'm still waiting to discuss some details with him for my CR and I want to see how that turns out first but when I saw this jacket I thought it would be a good opportunity for a new design and I'm really glad I posted it here.

If anybody wants to use the design, feel free to do so. This is pure fun and if it helps anybody with some ideas, even better :)

Trucker8.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner