Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

abone

A-List Customer
View attachment 307703

That looks so good, you’re making me second guess going with the goat for my trucker. Well I’m really looking forward to reading your full impressions once the jacket has arrived.
Ha ha, yep wait until it arrives. I’m second guessing myself on a pattern issue of mine. Wanted both these top pockets to be a bit more bold, and the zip pocket outlined on chalk to be longer. We’ll see. C9805323-BEC9-44F1-81F5-D7B786E68E5B.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Saw a jacket and I thought it would be a nice design to try so I made a sketch, what do you think?

It's a good start! I feel like having 6 buttons on a jacket looks better than just 5. Hmm maybe the hand warmer design could use some touching up? Maybe it looks a little busy on the bottom of the front of the jacket

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
It's a good start! I feel like having 6 buttons on a jacket looks better than just 5. Hmm maybe the hand warmer design could use some touching up? Maybe it looks a little busy on the bottom of the front of the jacket

Thank you, I'm still not convinced with the 6 buttons but I kinda liked them too.

I was thinking about the hand warmer design and not sure, I saw a picture Marc posted and it looks good but indeed the bottom is cleaner on that one:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/attachments/7a6b6b45-2897-42d3-8f40-3e9a546bdc45-jpeg.307709/

I should probably try a photo simulation and see how it looks.

Just an observation...I’m looking very closely at all the Five Stars to determine the level of obsessiveness appropriate should I order one.

abone

A-List Customer
Just an observation...I’m looking very closely at all the Five Stars to determine the level of obsessiveness appropriate should I order one.
You got me thinking so I found images of an Aero and for sure the buckle is mounted on the front side, as opposed to the back side like my incoming jacket is, and my Vanson is.
If you are thinking of a 5* for the first time, my early experience is they will do whatever you ask for, but be sure to be extremely specific with diagrams and photos, and be prepared to follow-up on every detail.

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, I'm still not convinced with the 6 buttons but I kinda liked them too.

I was thinking about the hand warmer design and not sure, I saw a picture Marc posted and it looks good but indeed the bottom is cleaner on that one:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/attachments/7a6b6b45-2897-42d3-8f40-3e9a546bdc45-jpeg.307709/

I should probably try a photo simulation and see how it looks.

Either way 5 or 6 buttons would do just fine. I think if you want that specific pocket design maybe do away with the bottom waist band so it's cleaner looking?

Riu

Practically Family
I made a few variations based on that sketch, not sure which one I like better.

Any preferences? Any feedback is welcome, I know it's about each person's taste but from outside it's easier to see things better sometimes.
Not sure about the thread colour either, inclined to go with contrast rather than just black.

I've used parts of some of your jackets for the collage so apologies for that, it was just easier having them here already :)

Trucker.jpg

Truckerb.jpg

Truckerc.jpg

Any preferences? Any feedback is welcome, I know it's about each person's taste but from outside it's easier to see things better sometimes.
Not sure about the thread colour either, inclined to go with contrast rather than just black.

I've used parts of some of your jackets for the collage so apologies for that, it was just easier having them here already :)

View attachment 307816
View attachment 307817

View attachment 307819
I like “a” without the waist band and single chest pocket! Looks cool!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 307816
View attachment 307817

View attachment 307819

I vote B

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 307816
View attachment 307817

View attachment 307819
Looks a bit like the y2 with buttons
3CF9BB79-CB18-4649-851E-F9558208BE59.jpeg
5D22F62E-63BD-4CBC-9D8C-3FE6F909A486.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 307816
View attachment 307817

View attachment 307819

I like A with bigger pockets and maybe without the side panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner