Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So how accurate 5star makes a replica if you send a jacket to him? Anybody wanna share?

left daughter’s cheap old H&M jacket
936472E1-1E8E-43E6-87AC-80FD1DC53F79.jpeg
7C491887-28E8-4A76-9659-21F5E9239650.jpeg

Last edited:

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Looks cool Jin431.

Mines being sorted next couple of days with buttons being added.

Have tried it on & it’s a more relaxed fit than yours so I can add a light sweater but it’s not baggy (hate baggy).

Had an A-2 that fitted like your Trucker & my current 5* G-1 is T shirt only fit, but then again I like that look as long as it doesn’t feel like a straight jacket on.

Your Trucker will look even more amazing when contoured to your body shape.

Can't wait to see yours! That collar looks so good on that picture you posted. Yes,no can't stand baggy jackets anymore since I've been around here lol

I get what you mean I have a few jackets that are t shirt only jackets but they do look better that way anyways.

I can't wait for it to mold completely, it's good on the shoulder/chest/upper back sleeves but the waist and bottom hem still needs work.

I've said it before but to my personal preference that's an amazing fit!

It's a perfect jacket for where I live, this hide feels natural here and the pattern makes it more wearable too. Good luck with your cafe racer project. Did you ever return the Aero?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I remembered that one, but Shoulder looks strange. View attachment 306665 View attachment 306666

Yes, that’s the one. Agree the shoulders look weird. I believe that was a custom order and looks like he overspecced the shoulder width imo.
That’s the thing with Fivestar unfortunately. Or maybe unfortunately is not the right word. But at least in my experience you will net get much guidance on fit when you do a custom order. You get what you ask for, and if you know what fits you good you will get a really good fitting jacket. If you don’t, you won’t. Their stock jackets look weirdly sized imo.

Last edited:

Riu

Practically Family
It's a perfect jacket for where I live, this hide feels natural here and the pattern makes it more wearable too. Good luck with your cafe racer project. Did you ever return the Aero?

It does look comfortable, I'd go for the same fit if I was living in a place like yours but not here.

Thank you, waiting for Shawn to discuss the last details. I did return the Aero eventually and until I decide if I'll go for a full custom or wait until I get one that suits me from their stock, I thought I'd order one from Shawn and if I like it I'm sure I won't stop there :)

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I did return the Aero eventually and until I decide if I'll go for a full custom or wait until I get one that suits me from their stock, I thought I'd order one from Shawn and if I like it I'm sure I won't stop there :)

Imo, your Aero CR was a perfect fit. I don't think going full custom with Aero nor 5* will yield a better fitting jacket. Also, I don't think a 5* jacket could be a substitute for an Aero jacket and vice versa. Different beasts.

Riu

Practically Family
Imo, your Aero CR was a perfect fit. I don't think going full custom with Aero nor 5* will yield a better fitting jacket. Also, I don't think a 5* jacket could be a substitute for an Aero jacket and vice versa. Different beasts.

I feel like it it was just a bit too tight around the chest Marc for what I wanted. I could only wear it with a t-shirt and even so it was uncomfortable after a while. I needed an extra inch around the chest, everything else was spot on and it's a shame really because I really liked how it felt around my body except for that part.

The jacket from 5* is not meant to be a substitute at all, it's rather something that I'm curious to see how it turns out. I'm keeping my eyes on Aero's page to see if they have anything new in stock that would fit me or eventually go for a custom order like I said. I'm also thinking to meet Greg and have a chat later this year if the situation will allow us of course.

Every since I got my hands on that BR I fell in love with the feel and smell of that leather so I'm pretty sure in time I'll start looking for some other jackets from different makers. I'm intrigued by shinki, and before I joined this forum I was just interested in getting one jacket that I'll wear it forever...not the case anymore :)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The jacket from 5* is not meant to be a substitute at all, it's rather something that I'm curious to see how it turns out. I'm keeping my eyes on Aero's page to see if they have anything new in stock that would fit me or eventually go for a custom order like I said. I'm also thinking to meet Greg and have a chat later this year if the situation will allow us of course.

Every since I got my hands on that BR I fell in love with the feel and smell of that leather so I'm pretty sure in time I'll start looking for some other jackets from different makers. I'm intrigued by shinki, and before I joined this forum I was just interested in getting one jacket that I'll wear it forever...not the case anymore :)

I see that you've joined this forum December 2020. I observe that you know jacket makers by their first name, you use abbreviations to point out specific jacket designs, you're in love with the smell of leather and you're intrigued by Shinki.

I think the diagnosis is clear. You've got a severe case of jacket fever. Welcome to the club.

Riu

Practically Family
I see that you've joined this forum December 2020. I observe that you know jacket makers by their first name, you use abbreviations to point out specific jacket designs, you're in love with the smell of leather and you're intrigued by Shinki.

I think the diagnosis is clear. You've got a severe case of jacket fever. Welcome to the club.

Thank you, that's a good diagnostic and I know there's a treatment for that from what I see :D

For me it's quite intoxicating when I see all these marvellous creations. I come from an art background and I was always amazed by beautiful craftsmanship no matter in what area.

I was always fascinated by leather jackets but after I joined here I realised how many things I don't know really. I even started making leather jackets at some point and I might try again one day. I think I'm a leather junkie indeed just didn't find my drive just yet, I feel like this could be a good start right here.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, that's a good diagnostic and I know there's a treatment for that from what I see :D

For me it's quite intoxicating when I see all these marvellous creations. I come from an art background and I was always amazed by beautiful craftsmanship no matter in what area.

I was always fascinated by leather jackets but after I joined here I realised how many things I don't know really. I even started making leather jackets at some point and I might try again one day. I think I'm a leather junkie indeed just didn't find my drive just yet, I feel like this could be a good start right here.

There is a lot to explore and discover :)

jglf

A-List Customer
Got my veg tanned goatskin jacket tonight. Construction and fit is very good, but the leather is way too light for me. Jacket weighs 3lb with the leather probably being no more than 1.5-2oz. I asked for their heaviest veg tanned goatskin and received the lightest jacket i’ve ever owned, Lol. It feels like i’m wearing a lamb skin jacket. Can’t say I’m not disappointed considering this cost me $400.

Hh121

Banned
Got my veg tanned goatskin jacket tonight. Construction and fit is very good, but the leather is way too light for me. Jacket weighs 3lb with the leather probably being no more than 1.5-2oz. I asked for their heaviest veg tanned goatskin and received the lightest jacket i’ve ever owned, Lol. It feels like i’m wearing a lamb skin jacket. Can’t say I’m not disappointed considering this cost me $400.
fit pics would be nice, yes 3 lbs is roughly 2-2.5 oz.

abone

A-List Customer
What style is your jacket? Will it work with lighter leather? Some styles will, some for sure won't. Either way, its a bummer.

jglf

A-List Customer
I’ll post some better pics tomorrow. Arms are a little too short for my liking and the cuffs kind of flare out. Other than that, the fit is pretty good.

The grain and color of the leather is nice, but it has a plastic smell to it. The box it shipped in was less than 2in thick. Lol

I’ll probably just wear this jacket when I fly for work.

2929A5BB-50DD-4640-9B87-B55701C60F68.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points