Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
What kind of turn around time are people seeing for stock patterns? It’s almost spring so naturally i am thinking about sheepskin for next winter.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is the black goat .I think it will get stiffer once I take it into the rain .The forearm looks bigger on the picture .I will make a new pic.They look fine in real life .
I hope the sample packeage won't take ages .I want to make a redskin shearling Irvin with conic goat taping .It would look similar to my sadly stolen noble house Battle of Britain .I wanted to reorder the same jacket but the jacket they send me was awfull.Weak leather which probably lost some collagen while rotting before tanning .And massive fur loss so it was light was a feather.You could rip the leather just by pulling at it .And that is not the first time .I bought a 2014 noble house Irvin which had the same problem (I thought it was because of the previous owner but it wasn't) so I lost my trust in them
I think you will love the 5 * shearling. Especially the 20 mm is a dream. I'm sure I'll have another jacket made out of it.

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
I used olive cotton twill and olive stitching .I saw that on a five star Halfbelt that was for sale here . I kinda underestimated the no 10ykk zipper .That thing is massive .My airport luggage has a smaller zip .But I like it .It gives it something special when I wear it open .
I just removed that awful wax they put on before shipping and the leather just came to life .It firmed up immediately and the smell was gone .

Attachments

• 1615837598836..jpg
    1615837598836..jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 854

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
Distilled water and a hair dryer .
Wiped it until damp and used high heat on my hairdryer to dry it and heat up the leather.I guess the wax doesn't dry in the transit bag so the leather fibers start to swell and cause a weired texture. If you remove some from the top and evaporate the moisture the fibers will shrink back to normal . I actually quite like it now. Goat tends to be quite soft but the texture was off .Now it's all good .

Chunkster

New in Town
Smallish update for the impatient teacore enthusiasts and/or colourfast leather aficianados; I just broke a sweat first time in my newish leather jacket as I was walking our borrowed dog this afternoon and as the jacket is quite snug around my chest it might have chafed against my shirt.

So long story short, it has started to lose some of it's colour, fortunately mostly along the grain. Left skid marks on my chest too, though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_153758.jpg
    IMG_20210316_153758.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 761

Hh121

Banned
It has been a month since Shawn received my leather and I am still waiting for the pattern work, anybody experience samething?

Hh121

Banned
Maybe he's also waiting for this to be delivered so he can work with that 6oz hide....
01182201111110336501832.jpg

All kidding aside, have you emailed? That seems like a really long time to be waiting for the pattern to be OK'd.
I checked with him on whatsapp frequently since March, he said the pattern work should be done last week and now he said his pattern work guy was leaving for 5 days so it will be little delayed. Really?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! I am delight that they have good business.
But I am reassured that it takes longer for others too. I was already thinking that I was the only one ... or that my pattern with curved sleeves was too complicated lol
(But Shawn said curved sleeves are routine)

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
I just wrote with Shawn via WhatsApp about his business. They are a little bit overwhelmed with requests so it can take a little bit longer especially for custom orders .You guys need to think about that they are not used to doing business like this . Normally they work out something for a big company and then start mass production .Now they are dealing with a lot of custom orders and even custom patterns.

Hh121

Banned
But I am reassured that it takes longer for others too. I was already thinking that I was the only one ... or that my pattern with curved sleeves was too complicated lol
(But Shawn said curved sleeves are routine)
Curved sleeve like this?
85BB2492-AE4E-447F-814F-78B8D304AE2C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21