Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
I have a big sample piece of the russet steer .It is amazing in my opinion .Thick relatively dense dyed through leather .Less stretch than black goat and uniform smooth grain . It has the ability to darken and shine
Russet steer. I want the horse but it was a bit to thin at .08-1mm.
with oil so it has a little bit of character

I have a big sample piece of the russet steer .It is amazing in my opinion .Thick relatively dense dyed through leather .Less stretch than black goat and uniform smooth grain . It has the ability to darken and shine

with oil so it has a little bit of character
Good to hear!! I begged Shawn for detailed pics of the pattern before anything is cut. The proportions on this one are critical. I can’t wait to see them.

very nice. I'm curious what you say about it. maybe that will be my next choice for a brown cafe racer.
it's a shame that shawn doesn't do a 1.5 mm HH.
I agree. Had that been available, that would have been the natural choice. But I fear .08-1mm actually probably means .07 and that will not do.

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
IMG_20210327_122643.jpg
IMG_20210327_122600.jpg
IMG_20210327_122630.jpg

Hh121

Banned
^^^ Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear about it. Curious how this leather will be to break in. Congratz.
Thanks, I am still waiting for the weight of the jacket, judging by the pictures the leather looks not too stiff and thinner than I thought.
p.s It is 5-6 oz hide, I asked them to select the thickest part of hide to make my jacket.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are those two the same size?
I think the back length of the second one works much better on you.
That looks really nice.

Thanks Carlos,

Black Deerskin was based on a type 3 denim Trucker I own.

Second one, the suede was based on the first but slightly smaller chest and length measurements to give an earlier fitted look. I prefer the length on the suede too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points