Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

ROBOCOP !!!
That’s good but I prefer….
8C563BA0-A525-442C-ACCA-FD0E550FCC52.gif

Leather looks fantastic! I really want to see some pictures when you get the jacket.
Me too! DHL is saying the 21st. My only real gripe from the pics is the chest pocket. It’s too high. Not the worst thing but too high is only good at a concert. The hide looks great and compares at least somewhat favorably to CXL, albeit a budget version. I put these pics together of HH’s jacket and mine. What’s interesting is while they are quite similar, there are some interesting differences in the side panel construction (specifically the position of the panels). My are much more rear facing, as opposed to being truly at the side. I did add an inch to the chest and 1/2” to the shoulders. Hopefully that doesn’t come back and bite me in the ass. I typically spec them really tight so hopefully for this build a little more room won’t hurt.
883E0AF6-5A3E-4AFC-9F86-34536FB2257B.jpeg

Hh121

Banned
Me too! DHL is saying the 21st. My only real gripe from the pics is the chest pocket. It’s too high. Not the worst thing but too high is only good at a concert. The hide looks great and compares at least somewhat favorably to CXL, albeit a budget version. I put these pics together of HH’s jacket and mine. What’s interesting is while they are quite similar, there are some interesting differences in the side panel construction (specifically the position of the panels). My are much more rear facing, as opposed to being truly at the side. I did add an inch to the chest and 1/2” to the shoulders. Hopefully that doesn’t come back and bite me in the ass. I typically spec them really tight so hopefully for this build a little more room won’t hurt.
View attachment 340748
More brilliant hide than CXL at least from picture, though CXL has more depth in terms of color.
I send Shawn 21 pages PDF to show the specs of my jacket, I amazed they can build such a great jacket for you with only 2 pics as reference.

More brilliant hide than CXL at least from picture, though CXL has more depth in terms of color.
I send Shawn 21 pages PDF to show the specs of my jacket, I amazed they can build such a great jacket for you with only 2 pics as reference.
Oh I don’t think it will have anywhere near the real luster of CXL. It’s a great budget alternative though for sure. I’ve never sent that much info to Shawn but I think after 8 jackets he likely knows how I like things to be placed, etc. That said I did not call out the chest pocket location…it pays to be as thorough as possible and in that instance, I was lazy.

Riu

Practically Family
View attachment 340748

I see what you mean, I hope it will be fine with the measurements - 21 it's judgement day! The leather is beautiful indeed and love that colour. I wonder if Shawn can get the leather a bit thinner as for me it's too thick but I like how it looks.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope this leather is suitable for a jacket. It seems to me to be more for bags or something. At least the pockets of my vest look like that. I just can't imagine having a jacket made out of this. Or maybe the piece of leather is too small to judge. So I'm curious.
But if, in your opinion, it is well suited for a jacket, then I will probably go in the direction of Cafe Racer or Halfbelt.

PilotJens

One of the Regulars
They already make a bag out of this leather I think.

I think it is hard to grasp what you guys want for them .Most warmer countries prefer thin supple lamb or goat leather .They probably don't understand why we want a stiff leather because that would be uncomfortable.
I wonder what the workers think about that Armor jacket

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I hope this leather is suitable for a jacket. It seems to me to be more for bags or something. At least the pockets of my vest look like that. I just can't imagine having a jacket made out of this. Or maybe the piece of leather is too small to judge. So I'm curious.
But if, in your opinion, it is well suited for a jacket, then I will probably go in the direction of Cafe Racer or Halfbelt.
They already make a bag out of this leather I think.

I think it is hard to grasp what you guys want for them .Most warmer countries prefer thin supple lamb or goat leather .They probably don't understand why we want a stiff leather because that would be uncomfortable.
I wonder what the workers think about that Armor jacket

I think it is bag leather too. It can work though. After seeing the dark brown leather I am sold, again. Bumping up my bag leather armor Mk2. This is the dark side of FiveStar. The price is just under the radar for overspending unconsciously, in search for perfection. And always ended up with two more jackets than I actually need. But after a sleepless night I caved and fired off the email to Shawn and now I wait. Going slimmer this time, testing to see if softer gussets will make the armor leather work. Couldn’t wait for black. Two tone it is.

C598D821-7E72-4488-BC53-339FAAB736AC.jpeg

I remember Horsehide jackets from the early 2000’s, from Japan, being bag and boot leather. I hope this is not like that as it has a real tendency to peel and crack!

Riu

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ