Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buon giorno
Questa è la mia nuova Anj3 a cinque stelle in pelle di vitello
Ben fatto, mi piace
Only a doubt for the lenght, is 65,5 cm, 2 cm less than my b3
The first impression is that is slightly short.
I'm like your impression
I think it's good. Much better than those overlong, baggy ones.
As long as the jacket goes over the belt, it's all good. I'd rather have mine a cm shorter too.
You also have to remember that these jackets used to be worn with high waist pants.

Luigi79

New in Town
Penso che sia buono. Molto meglio di quelli troppo lunghi e larghi.
Finché la giacca va sopra la cintura, va tutto bene. Preferirei avere anche il mio un cm più corto.
Devi anche ricordare che queste giacche venivano indossate con pantaloni a vita alta

I think it's good. Much better than those overlong, baggy ones.
As long as the jacket goes over the belt, it's all good. I'd rather have mine a cm shorter too.
You also have to remember that these jackets used to be worn with high waist pants.
Yes Sir confirm
Levis 512 low waist
Thank very much for your opinion

ojaw

A-List Customer
Buon giorno
Questa è la mia nuova Anj3 a cinque stelle in pelle di vitello
Ben fatto, mi piace
Only a doubt for the lenght, is 65,5 cm, 2 cm less than my b3
The first impression is that is slightly short.
I'm like your impression
I’m with Mr P, it’s not too short for my tastes.

troika

New in Town
This thing is badass, awesome.

If you can find someone who'll narrow down the sleeve ends for you it'll be 110% perfect. Maybe shorten them a bit too.

Thank you! Yes that's the plan.

I'm struggling with the arm opening and sleeve width/length. Like someone mentioned earlier, the truckers have a higher and smaller arm opening, which I really prefer. I think Shawn modeled this one after some vintage jackets, and the arm hole ended up huge.

It's totally wearable rn, but I'm gonna try to stop by Advanced Euro Tailoring in a few weeks to get the sleeves fixed. Maybe they can also advise me on how to fix the arm opening on future iterations too.

Thank you! Yes that's the plan.

I'm struggling with the arm opening and sleeve width/length. Like someone mentioned earlier, the truckers have a higher and smaller arm opening, which I really prefer. I think Shawn modeled this one after some vintage jackets, and the arm hole ended up huge.

It's totally wearable rn, but I'm gonna try to stop by Advanced Euro Tailoring in a few weeks to get the sleeves fixed. Maybe they can also advise me on how to fix the arm opening on future iterations too.
If you spec a smaller diameter bicep, you will by default reduce the sleeve opening at the shoulder. This will also bring the armhole "up" .

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Hot enough to leave the mouton at home.
IMG_20220316_151220_edit_699273786939651.jpg

What is the average turn around time for a 5* jacket? From invoice to delivery?
Thanks
Probably about 2-3 weeks, depending on their work load. Seems like things are taking a bit longer but they are also clearly getting much busier. My fastest jacket was (custom design of my choosing) ordered and delivered in 8 days but that was around 2 years ago.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Probably about 2-3 weeks, depending on their work load. Seems like things are taking a bit longer but they are also clearly getting much busier. My fastest jacket was (custom design of my choosing) ordered and delivered in 8 days but that was around 2 years ago.
Thank you Ton. 3 weeks is not bad at all

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
Hey Gents, I need to replace my light weight summer riding jacket that’s too large for me. I kinda want to stick with a cafe racer with bi-swing shoulders.

I’m considering ordering a 5* Vintage Care Racer Roadmaster. I’d ask for slant zip pockets to be added, chain/ring zipper pulls, grey or silver liner, and spec my odd measurements. I’m top heavy. 44” chest, 20.5” shoulders, and a 36” waistline over jeans and a belt. Also have a short torso-20”, with long arms-25” shoulder to wrist. All at 5’ 10” Wife calls me an ape :rolleyes:. I struggle with off the rack fit!

A few questions for the experienced.

(1)Are mods like pockets an up-charge, and how do you add the cost in the order process? (I understand this may not be answerable).

(2)Should I email a detailed sketch with measurements and pocket placement? I’m far better with a pencil than any software.

(3)Black goat or black steer-hide for a comfortable riding jacket?

I just can’t justify $900 for a new Schott, or even $650 for a new Vanson (they’re on sale right now), that’ll only see about 15-20 hours use a year. I really think 5* is a super option to meet my needs. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Does anybody have any pictures of how the Five Star premium goat ages and wears over time? Someone posted awhile ago that the premium Seal goat wears to reddish and then tan. Are there any pictures that show how they look when the finish starts to wear?

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
(1)Are mods like pockets an up-charge, and how do you add the cost in the order process? (I understand this may not be answerable).

(2)Should I email a detailed sketch with measurements and pocket placement? I’m far better with a pencil than any software.
From what I understand, minor changes like that shouldn't incur an additional charge. I think the type of leather used for the whole jacket, specifically horse, would. Others can answer this more definitively, I'm sure. For your second question, it sure wouldn't hurt. I talked to Shawn yesterday about extensively modifying one of his existing designs, and he requested a PDF of what I had in mind, and I'd wager that more detailed you make it, the better

KBlake

One Too Many
Hey Gents, I need to replace my light weight summer riding jacket that’s too large for me. I kinda want to stick with a cafe racer with bi-swing shoulders.

I’m considering ordering a 5* Vintage Care Racer Roadmaster. I’d ask for slant zip pockets to be added, chain/ring zipper pulls, grey or silver liner, and spec my odd measurements. I’m top heavy. 44” chest, 20.5” shoulders, and a 36” waistline over jeans and a belt. Also have a short torso-20”, with long arms-25” shoulder to wrist. All at 5’ 10” Wife calls me an ape :rolleyes:. I struggle with off the rack fit!

A few questions for the experienced.

(3)Black goat or black steer-hide for a comfortable riding jacket?

I just can’t justify $900 for a new Schott, or even $650 for a new Vanson (they’re on sale right now), that’ll only see about 15-20 hours use a year. I really think 5* is a super option to meet my needs. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
I have their cafe racer with bi-swing in black horsehide and it's fantastic. I only wish I had asked for their thickest hide as its pretty thin in some areas. The fit is incredible. It has very high arm holes.

KBlake

One Too Many
I haven’t seen anybody getting this one either, we all got different tastes . I’m curious how it fits and hopefully the steer is better now than it was before.
I have the steer already from recent batches and while it doesn't have as much character as some other options I think Shawn has gotten better hides for it. It's super thick and has grain irregularities and characteristics that I like.

Thank you for adding a great design to the 5* catalog!

abbaralph

One of the Regulars
Wish they could do it in blue horsehide or goat (they can’t I checked) but I am going to give their lamb skin a try. Looking forward to checking it out in person

Attachments

• 801C7E65-0BDC-48EF-8ACB-DB74872109AF.jpeg
    801C7E65-0BDC-48EF-8ACB-DB74872109AF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • E240F4D6-891E-4B87-A75E-4EBDA37C285A.jpeg
    E240F4D6-891E-4B87-A75E-4EBDA37C285A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 91
  • E49E523A-5CE3-4079-A9A2-606FEBFB9F4C.jpeg
    E49E523A-5CE3-4079-A9A2-606FEBFB9F4C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87

Forum statistics

Threads