Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's bad. To be fair, however, I have to say that I haven't had anything like this with any of my 5* jackets. Some of them were completely soaked.
Too bad. It was a nice experience with 5* in the past. But that chapter is closed for me.

KBlake

One Too Many
I think moisture is trapped between the two pieces of leather on the cuff and causing bubbling. I’m pretty sure the bubbling is moving around and diminishing. I’d think it would go away entirely but will report back.

Last edited:

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
I think moisture is trapped between the two pieces of leather on the cuff and causing bubbling. I’d think it would go away but will report back.
Once the finish separates from the leather surface it’s going to peel off. It’s like paint in an old bathroom. You should for-sure get a full refund or get it remade in a different leather.

dundgren

New in Town
Yep. Thats enough for me to say i’ll never order from them again.
Yup. I've been following this thread and thinking about 5* A LOT. I was thinking that if I get the fit right that the compromises are totally fine for the price but THAT is for sure the last drop. Ain't no way I'm placing an order now.

Not to beat a dead horse (pun) but this is precisely the kind of thing that would never happen to a Vanson, Schott, Aero, insert any other of a million different makers (Hot Leathers, Reed, Brooks, Berman’s, Park IV). It’s what happens to cheaply made stuff. Period and end of story.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
KBlake - I would seek out a refund, even if partial.

Hopefully it was just a bad batch of leather - supplier issue. Hope it is not a broader issue with the products as this company has really ben so promising.

Aloysius

Here's the link to the original post but I think you need to be logged in to read. I'm not an A-2 expert either, in my eye they all look like brown leather sacks, but apparently the epaulets are placed too far to the front.

View attachment 567276 View attachment 567274 View attachment 567275

You're both right. The Bronco is one of their A-2s that isn't modeled off of an original like the ones MrProper mentioned. (It's their first A-2 model, from before they started doing that.)

(This was auto filled when I loaded up TFL; maybe it froze when I was originally posting it. Apologies if a repost.)

Not to beat a dead horse (pun) but this is precisely the kind of thing that would never happen to a Vanson, Schott, Aero, insert any other of a million different makers (Hot Leathers, Reed, Brooks, Berman’s, Park IV). It’s what happens to cheaply made stuff. Period and end of story.

In the even that it does happen with such a maker, they'll go to great lengths to make it right. One of them, I won't name which (in case people try to take advantage), refunded me the full price of a jacket for a dye bleed issue (unprompted!) when I just asked about a product I could use to stop it.

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
Yup. I've been following this thread and thinking about 5* A LOT. I was thinking that if I get the fit right that the compromises are totally fine for the price but THAT is for sure the last drop. Ain't no way I'm placing an order now.
I don’t think you should write it off completely given that their leather variety is inconsistent enough to make this a problem with just their whiskey hide. Most people have washed and even soaked their Five Star Leather jacket in rain completely, but I think depending on what Shawn’s reaction would be a better call for your judgement (Giving a full refund to Kblake). If you get their repro patterns in Seal Brown Goat or Steerhide and cotton or cotton drill lining you’re probably going to be satisfied enough.

Damn guys, seek life elsewhere. That SB Ton posted that sold for $277 should have been enough. I’ve owned many jackets, most of which I found for under $300. Like Billy Madison said, get out there and find your effin dog (jacket)!

Quality ain’t the greatest and the increasing costs/flip of the coin it won’t look weird should be the end of it. I don’t get it.

El Marro

I hope you bought it. Or post these deals in the buy threads next time please. Langlitz is still made in US using US made materials (this is the key). And they cost more than 1600 last time I checked. If the 400 dollar jacket is a bit big, I will spend 350 to get it tailored, and I would still end up on top...
This is why it is worth stopping by their shop if you ever get the chance. I got lucky and found a brand new Columbia in my size for under $800.

This is why it is worth stopping by their shop if you ever get the chance. I got lucky and found a brand new Columbia in my size for under $800.

Yep. The deals are out there. I paid $500 for a few different LW in like new condition. $350 for a Roughwear Herc. $300 for an HH Taubers. 6-panel Cal for around that and I missed out on a gray one for $75. And on and on and on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff