Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

TankPopper

New in Town
I want to order my second Five Star jacket, but it seems like ill need help with the measurement.

The first jacket I ordered looks great, but the fit is far from perfect. I made a huge mistake with the armhole size... I thought it should be on the bigger side... so its way too big, and the jacket is VERY restrictive.

I don't want to make another bunch of mistakes and end up with a beautiful, but unusable jacket.

So - can anyone offer some guidance on getting the dimensions right? should i just post by on-body measurements here and see if the community can help my figure it out?

Thank you all!
Tank out.

spectre6000

One of the Regulars
I'm working on figuring out how to do that as well. I'm starting almost from first principles for lack of experience in the space. I started in this thread a few pages back. Then I started a separate thread by request, as I was bordering on making a pattern from scratch, and I think the project is continuing down that path whether I want it to or not. It's going to take some time due to other things in life going on around me, but that will definitely be one of the details that I eventually get around to.

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I have to say their promotional stuff is pretty nice.Has anyone else been getting those catalogues ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_170924.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

PilotJens

A-List Customer
Short overview.
Two jackets
Same style
Slightly different measurements/new measurements are from the broken in jacket.
Different color

Here is the catch
One feels like a knockoff.

I didn't asked for a heavy duty hide or heavy duty lining but if that is the standard without requesting a "heavy duty" jacket then I am slightly disappointed

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_180038.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 93

PilotJens

A-List Customer
The hide has a slight chemical smell but that is from the waxing process.I have videos from a different factory how they wax their jackets.It feel slightly sticky .I usually use snow seal of my five star jackets so this should be a similar thing.
I will wear it and make a decent review hopefully lol

PilotJens

A-List Customer
As you can see the shoulder seam moved a few cm forward for no apparent reason and the pockets are longer because they forgot that the jacket on their website and now printed in the catalog is my custom order where I requested shorter pockets like on the heron. So they don't keep any Infos about their products. They print out a picture and then it gets send into production along with measurements

PilotJens

A-List Customer
The collar is very uncomfortable because some idiot thought it was a good idea to glue both pieces of leather together to make a less floppy collar. However it is uncomfortable because it doesn't shape or bend so I guess I will need to separate both pieces somehow...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Must be one of the worst patterns I've ever seen. Pant leg sleeves that don't match the shape of the armholes, hence the stress points. What a joke.

IMG_6352.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Must be one of the worst patterns I've ever seen. Pant leg sleeves that don't match the shape of the armholes, hence the stress points. What a joke.

View attachment 594685
Looks like mine from the time when 5* was still relatively new. However, I didn't have any patch pockets. The jacket was still meh because the leather was thin and flabby.
IMG_9998.jpeg
I didn't asked for a heavy duty hide or heavy duty lining but if that is the standard without requesting a "heavy duty" jacket then I am slightly disappointed
Because the leather is too thin or too thick?

PilotJens

A-List Customer
The thing I don't get is why the armholes are shaped that way .I requested a different attachment of the sleeve/ less angled down .It seems like they started the process and halfway through abandoned it and went back to normal. The angle seems to be the same as on my brown one. The shoulder seam is a lazy way of reducing the arm hole opening probably and the collar sits weirdly for a few reasons.It seems sketchy .
The jacket looks good if you wear it but I much prefer my brown one . The brown one is fully shaped to my body now .It looks misshapen in the picture but my body is kind of weird

PilotJens

A-List Customer
The leather is thin and the lining as well .They used the "good" leather on the pockets but the chest area is very thin .The brown one weighs probably twice as much .This one is like a costume.

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I am still going to wear it since it is my size and I have had good luck shaping and stretching it to a comfortable fit and decent look .

I am sitting here inhaling the fumes of the wax and I am getting light headed and dizzy.It could be because of it lol

PilotJens

A-List Customer
They also didn't add the second button on the cuff .
I was hoping all the negative reviews recently were blown out of proportion but I see why this thread was getting bitter.

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I think I am getting nauseous because of the fumes .Holy shit .
Also the leather on the front feels like a their goat leather.It has that foamy spongy feel but it has the look of steerhide. I have never seen goat with fake steer print but I have bought leather bags from China that had a mix of cowhide and pig leather disguised as cowhide by sanding stamping and finishing it to a crazy horse finish

PilotJens

A-List Customer
I think I will give it a spin in the dryer to air it out . I am curious if Shawn will answer me . I still have his phone number saved and I know his personal Instagram account

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925