Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Mich486

One Too Many
I think the piping slope and the cuff length are forgivable especially considering this is an entirely new design for them, but not the zipper. That renders the jacket unwearable and needs to be sorted out.

I hear you, but I think stolen is an inappropriate word. This is, perhaps, a partial breach of contact but not a theft.

I'm of course exaggerating but let's be honest, would you have paid $350 if there was no guarantee you'd get the jacket you wanted?
You could've just as easily went to Wilsons.

This isn't aimed at 5*, so far everything I've seen by them has been stellar and things like this happen but it MUST be corrected!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm of course exaggerating but let's be honest, would you have paid $350 if there was no guarantee you'd get the jacket you wanted?

I did pay $350 with no guarantee I'd get the jacket I wanted. That is always the risk. I figured there might be some issues , the piping or a pocket detail, for instance, (and I was right) but not the bloody zip placement... I am partly in sympathy with Hh121 on this.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I hope you get more than what he offered me. His emails back to me slowed down with urgency and just kept repeating the same thing. It was I who recommended some sort of discount and what I meant by that was refunding some money for the mistakes. I would have been happy if he refunded me $30-50. But instead he came up with this 10% off next order. Maybe he'll give you more if you push him or other alternatives. I just sort of gave up because I'd rather put the energy into a new jacket, and that's what I did and started one with FL. But my case is different in that I still got a usable jacket. Just wasn't quite what I ordered and required some home remedies to fix some of the mistakes.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I hope you get more than what he offered me. His emails back to me slowed down with urgency and just kept repeating the same thing. It was I who recommended some sort of discount and what I meant by that was refunding some money for the mistakes. I would have been happy if he refunded me $30-50. But instead he came up with this 10% off next order. Maybe he'll give you more if you push him or other alternatives. I just sort of gave up because I'd rather put the energy into a new jacket, and that's what I did and started one with FL. But my case is different in that I still got a usable jacket. Just wasn't quite what I ordered and required some home remedies to fix some of the mistakes.

I'd be very surprised if I got anything more than a moderate discount.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
moral of this story, include many pictures, maybe draw in red line things you see as important to get right, ask for WIP photos, and eyeball the finished jacket pic before approving them to send it out,

BE YOUR OWN QC inspector

moral of this story, include many pictures, maybe draw in red line things you see as important to get right, ask for WIP photos, and eyeball the finished jacket pic before approving them to send it out,

BE YOUR OWN QC inspector
When my Aero is done I will ask for finished product photos. I’m a bit nervous that my mods may have been misunderstood despite detailed specs and email exchanges. Should be standard operating procedure imho.

BE YOUR OWN QC inspector
I think you’re right here. Does Five Star wait for a thumbs up before shipping out a jacket?
This process seems to work best for the most anal among us.

I think you’re right here. Does Five Star wait for a thumbs up before shipping out a jacket?
This process seems to work best for the most anal among us.
They do. If you catch something off I’m sure they will address it. If it’s your fault, you will pay for the correction. If it’s their fault, I assume they will fix it w/out charge. Not sure as I haven’t encountered that situation yet.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I bet if you caught early potential mistake, then they won't make big deal to replace or change something on the leather panel, already different when it has been sewn and finished as a jacket, would be more difficult again when this jacket is already on your hand across the ocean.

so ask for multi tiers approval system,
1. ask them to show the pattern all laid out so you see the shape of the waistline, collar etc. before they even cut on leather, then give approval to go with cutting it on leather, point out where you want the pockets on the breast hand warmer etc. (edit the picture they send you to draw pocket placement, etc.)
2. ask picture again after they finish the leather shell, before joining with the liner shell, from multiple angle, point out zipper length & placement, zipper type and metal color again to be sure, then give approval to finish the jacket.
3. ask pictures again of the finished jacket for shipping, show them picture how you want the jacket to be folded in shipping.
4. give your photo wearing the jacket to them once the jacket arrived, and compliments, let them use your photo in their WA/ IG/ FB story or something like that.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I bet if you caught early potential mistake, then they won't make big deal to replace or change something on the leather panel, already different when it has been sewn and finished as a jacket, would be more difficult again when this jacket is already on your hand across the ocean.

so ask for multi tiers approval system,
1. ask them to show the pattern all laid out so you see the shape of the waistline, collar etc. before they even cut on leather, then give approval to go with cutting it on leather, point out where you want the pockets on the breast hand warmer etc. (edit the picture they send you to draw pocket placement, etc.)
2. ask picture again after they finish the leather shell, before joining with the liner shell, from multiple angle, point out zipper length & placement, zipper type and metal color again to be sure, then give approval to finish the jacket.
3. ask pictures again of the finished jacket for shipping, show them picture how you want the jacket to be folded in shipping.
4. give your photo wearing the jacket to them once the jacket arrived, and compliments.

Life is too short navetsea. If I had to do this I would not bother at all. I work 60 hour weeks already. I'd rather pay $1300 and get an Aero.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Life is too short navetsea. If I had to do this I would not bother at all. I work 60 hour weeks already. I'd rather pay $1300 and get an Aero.
its not about the money as you often say yourself, it is about getting it right from a custom design, it won't feel like a chore to me, I would enjoy these process. when I order my own jacket locally I drive there myself once they tell me they make the pattern or when the leather shell is done, and make photo myself, try on, etc. to me it's big part of the fun :D

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shawn is offering me a discount on the next jacket I have advised him that the mistakes were not small matters and I have asked what kind of discount.
Same thing happened to me. I got 10% off next jacket.
If someone messes up my order I expect them to make it right. And I don’t consider them asking me to give them more money for a discount on the next jacket to be making it right either.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
its not about the money as you often say yourself, it is about getting it right from a custom design, it won't feel like a chore to me, I would enjoy these process. when I order my own jacket locally I drive there myself once they tell me they make the pattern or when the leather shell is done, and make photo myself, try on, etc. to me it's big part of the fun :D

If it was fun for me, no problem. But this kind of work generally gives me the shits.

I reckon they compare reasonably when if comes to the pocket and piping. I don't mind the small variation there. But sure, the pocket could drop by 2 cm and be perhaps 2cm narrower. But I don't have any measurements here to go by, just eye.

He did a great job with the fit and slightly narrower waist. I wasn't wanting an exact copy (I dislike the belt on the original) but the zip was a major issue. The cuffs may grow on me. Maybe I'll keep it.

View attachment 284535

View attachment 284536
Hi Dear Friends,
Its Shawn from FiveStar Leather.
I hope that all of you are fine and doing good, Well I apologies my absence here but most of the times I read your regular feedback and always try our best to improve the things according to valued customers requirements.
Well I also agree sometimes errors occurred during production but the best way is to solve any problems is making things right if they go wrong unintentionally, and we never hide any of problems from our customers and always try our best to find some acceptable solutions according to our customers requirements to solve any issue with their Requirements

Well after reading some of undesirable review (As I am most of the times working for only Customers Satisfaction, it is our wealth) Its my responsibility to inform you how we are handling your orders

We have a Team of More than 100 employees who are involved in making your orders, and all the segments are properly segmented according to their departments, We are the one who are providing the most rapid services in terms of new innovations of your garments, as making a Leather garment from Idea to end product is not an easy task it involves the below different segmented parts I will explain step to step

1. Order Confirmation: We receive the custom Requests from our Valued buyers, after analyzing we inform the total cost estimate and Total production lead time to their destination, after confirmation it goes to the next stage of Production
2. Production Order Creation: This is mostly our internal system no one shares, but I am sharing this to make things transparent, Below is an Image of our Production Order for each jacket contains almost all the custom requirements and details which are necessary to complete this, it includes everything like Leather type and color, thickness and finish, waxed or not, Stitching details, Thread Details, Lining Details, knitting details, label details, care label details, Hardware details with images examples and a complete file is generated for each order to support in production
Fivestar Leather PO.jpg

This PO is Generated by a Highly sufficient Software which is custom developed after years of input for better internal production flow, this PO is centrally communicated from Leather issuance department, to Cutting Department and than final stitching.

3. Pattern Department:After making sure this is according to customers requirements, its forwarded to the Pattern Development department, our pattern development department is highly sufficient and experienced staff, who is involved pattern developments of Top Brands of the world in leather garments
Mr. Chris Jacket was correctly assembled its patterns, as today I examine it has the proper zipper ending codes according to the requirements of Mr. Chris but I will explain issue at the end.

zip ending.jpg

Patterns Halls copy.jpg

This is important to understand that every custom jacket have three different types of pattern sets
A. Lining Cutting Set
B. Leather Cutting Set
C. Final Assembly Set after deducting the cutting margins from Pattern

A. Image Illustration (Lining Cutting Patterns)
Liner Cutting Patterns for Fabric.jpg

B. Illustration Image: Leather Cutting Patterns
Cutting Patterns with Extra Cutting Allowance.jpg

C. Illustration Image: Final Assembly Set after deducting the cutting allowance from Pattern
Final Preparation Patterns for assebly after cutting margins.jpg

4. Cutting Department: After Pattern development and its examination according to the specifications its moved to the Cutting Department, where people are responsible to make its cutting according to required leather, Lining, Pocket Fabric, Knitting overall everything which is needed to make this jacket.
Cutting Department copy.jpg

5. Fusing Department: after Cutting Leather its moved to the Fusing Department
6. Stitching Department: After Fusing all the cuttings and materials moved to final Stitching lines, where they are responsible for making jackets according to the Production order and detailed images of a custom jacket
57080983_2321588628119559_9049563003967504384_n copy.jpg
Production Halls copy.jpg

7. Lining Department: A separate Lining Department is responsible to stitch
Lining Department copy.JPG
the linings according to the patterns of Lining and its measurements and Labeling

To be Continued....

To be Continued

7. QC Department: After the final assembly of a custom order its moved to final Quality Control Checking department, who after making the jacket have some photo's for the final checked jackets images and asks to export office to mail them to customer and ask for approval before packaging. Similarly we do so in the Case of Mr. Chris, below were the images which we share with Mr. Chris before post the jacket and received the feedback

"Thats's great Shawn - nice work and I greatly appreciate it. The goat and brown colour look beautiful."

Although that is our fault but Even that problem remains unnoticed by Mr. Chris.

So Instead of the error which I admit was a sample Master's fault I will explain the reason at the end, we post that jacket as our Buyer was Happy.
chest.jpg

waist.jpg
sleeve.jpg
back.jpg
shoulder.jpg
size.jpg

8. Packing Department: After Having Approval from Our Customers for each Custom Jacket as its our SOP, We pack and ship the package to the destination Country
Fivestar Packaging.jpg

To Be Continued...

To Be Continued...

Actual Reason Of the problem:
Mr. Chris communicated all the details well so its totally our productions fault, after confirming order we created a file according to the SOP I explained earlier and communicated the project with our Pattern development department, Mr. Chris Shared the 3 Images to start the project please find below
Sears Hercules 1.JPG

We were advised to follow its front and left the the front belts

Sears Hercules 2.JPG

Here was the second image to follow the back side

Mr. Tony's  Jacket Neck and Collar.jpeg

Here was the third image which is a Californian Half Belt Jacket we produce for another Happy Customer here and Mr. Chris Provide these three images and this third image was just to follow the Neck and Collar instructions as he advised that collar should be like that image
Now all the details were correct and correctly correspond to Our Patterns Development department, they also made the pattern according to the requirements of the customer you can find below attached pattern images
Zip ending point.jpg

Zipper is at least 7.5 inches above the bottom on the patterns according to the requirements

Now where the problem arises when everything was good
Collar point justification image.jpg

Here was the issue, As this Jacket was made by the same Sample In charge who previously made the Californian Half Belt he just saw that image in the file and followed the same instructions keeping in mind that its a similar style and neglected that this image is only for the reference of the neck and collar, and we also post the images to Mr. Chris and they also approved the construction before dispatch so we ship that accordingly.
Even Mr. Chris send me a Fit Picture saying That

So I admit that it was totally a misunderstanding and a Human error, but we have different ways to fix this.
I also propose some of its solutions to Mr. Chris as we always deliver the value to our customers so we will never neglect that,
Our Proposed solutions to Mr. Chris

"Dear Shawn,

It came. Best jacket so far. Great details lovely leather.

Thank you.

Chris"

But we are willing to make Mr. Chris happy and solve the concerns he have through any of the following options

1. Although that is a custom jacket but it has errors from our side so you can return this and I will send you another jacket with all your suggestions to make this a better jacket.
2. If you can manage with the jacket we are willing to provide you a 50% discount.
3. If you have any of your next project than also no need to return this previous jacket I will send you both jackets newly made without any errors.

I am hopeful that through any of the above options we can solve the customers concerns.

Conclusion: FiveStar Leather is totally a safe place where we will provide you the surety to deliver the value of your paid price, if any mistake or errors are happens from our side and that is a major concerns for buyer to tolerate we will happily provide the remedies to solve the buyers problems.

Its only the buyers suggestions which we value, so please don't feel like that we are not committed to work according to your requirements.

I apologies to all of you for all of our Mistakes specially from Mr. Chris, and assure that we will update our internal system for more accuracy.

Best Regards

Shawn

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I need some help with the pattern

This is what the measurements are looking like

NpVXYmY.jpg

6MlVwPH.jpg

I based the length on my tan Thedi mentionned in the first page, and Shawn sent me this question:

"The front length from collar to hem is mentioned 63cm. On the other side it comes 60cm according to the pattern calculations with respect to your measurements. So my question

was that, would you keep it 60cm or 63cm ??. If 63cm then we need to extend the back length of the jacket too."

What do you guys think?

They just need this clarified and they start making hte jacket :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21