Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ton312

ton312

I'm thinking about dying the starcaidia...

handymike and red devil like this.
  2. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Thet would be an interesting experience, you did a few jackets didn't you?

Edit: if that's the case, this becomes possible

[​IMG]

handymike likes this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

You should, it’d look great! I’ve thought about it when dreaming up a Five Star build...to get this look:
    7BBC4D58-63B4-4E96-9740-AE590CD15A26.jpeg

4. ton312

ton312

I've emailed Dena to see if she'll do it...I'm sure I'd f it up but good.

5. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

Any of the loungers do have 5* suede jacket?

5* does work with dark brown suede?

C3CDA1EA-2389-409D-B37C-876EDEF0EEBE.jpeg

Bahabp100 likes this.
  6. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

suede only black (goat) and golden (cow)

Berto likes this.
  7. Berto

Thanks Mrproper,

do you any pics of both (black and golden)?

8. CBI

CBI One Too Many

That is one heck of a response and one hell of a process involved considering the great prices.

9. Bahabp100

Bahabp100 One of the Regulars

Check the website several truckers are made in golden tan

Berto likes this.
  10. MrProper

unfortunately not. Just asked Shawn about the possibilities.

Berto likes this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I think Thed have this one :)

Berto and red devil like this.
  12. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

Sorry, but why does it require to have to go public with a problem to get a proper response? I ask this rhetorically as I know the answer, but it really is a shame. This is similar to the Simmons Bilt thread where you get one response (actually he got none) and then when it's clear there might be bad press, you get another.

Hey good for Seb, glad he got a more appropriate response now. But why did it have to go that far?

I did not get this "great customer response". Shawn stopped emailing and never really answered some of my questions or offered a solution. I didn't make a big deal about it here because several people had jackets in queue and I didn't want to be the Debbie Downer. I assumed it was just a fluke and as I mentioned I still got a nice jacket, but there were flaws no doubt and it wasn't what I ordered. I didn't start negatively bashing the company or issuing buyer beware. In fact the opposite. I always responded with they are nice jackets, just make sure to be on top of all the details and get better photos for things like colors especially because the website was not good for these.

You can check my posts. In fact, look at who started this particular thread. You might be surprised. I wanted to support the company and in the process have my fellow TFLers get some good jackets. But if this company or any other needs borderline cancel culture before they respond, it's a slippery slope.

leper-colony likes this.
  13. Berto

Right

I was wondering whether 5* has that suede and also the consistency / thickness of it.

Few 5* suede jackets in the internet.

14. MrProper

new reddish brown shearling. I'm afraid that will be a new project.
    86E75A17-30D7-498A-BB24-434D55A70039.jpeg DD263A12-C31D-437B-8FDC-20EC16DE6EC2.jpeg

marker2037, warrior-poet, Zoo and 9 others like this.
  15. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

If you want a Thedi... just get a Thedi.
    He has his own unique style and spends a lot of time getting interesting leather and suede. You won't get close by going somewhere else.

Edward, handymike, Mich486 and 4 others like this.
  16. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

17. MrProper

I can already imagine a lot ;) A cafe racer, a cross zip or a vest.

Berto and red devil like this.
  18. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Thanks Shawn. Interesting to see your operation at work. The jacket is very nice despite the issues and, as I said in my very first posts here about the mistakes, it is partly my fault. I will email you.

I think it's a great thing when a company can have conversations about issues and provide solutions.

19. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect One of the Regulars

That's an amazing response from Shawn! But I think there may be a situation of heresay that I hope those involved can clear up.

If Shawn sent the final photo for approval, and Seb approved it, then I don't see how 5* would be in the wrong other than relying on the consumer to do the final QC. I mean, if I reviewed the photo, and approved it, and the jacket I received was the one in the picture I approved, then that miss would be on me.

When I was reading through this thread, I thought to myself why doesn't Shawn just send a photo of the final product before shipment, that way if there are any issues, they can fix it. Given the international nature of the situation, the shipping to and from can almost cost as much as the jacket. It seems that 5* is taking that approach.

Has everyone else received detailed finished photos like that with the final product and measurements to show accuracy? Because that is phenomenal and I wish all online makers did this.