Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Cornelius

Practically Family
That’s an absolute belter Ton and has made my mind up. Is the goat black or dark seal? Either way if mine come out half as well I’ll be very happy.

well done.

garry
This is black goat Gary but I think the seal is a bit beefier. If I didn’t already have one in seal, that would be the way to go. They are all about the same but I just find the seal to be the nicest of the bunch.

Seank

A-List Customer
So...my five star experience so far has been nothing short of excellent. After seeing Ton’s jackets a few weeks ago and reaching out to him to get a few pointers...I jumped on the bandwagon and placed an order for a custom jacket.
I went back and forth with Shawn exchanging emails for about a week. Once I had my questions answered and figured out exactly what I wanted, i finalized my custom order And received a Very reasonable PayPal invoice, which I paid immediately.
I then received confirmation that my jacket was in production.
To keep things simple, I stuck with a somewhat familiar G-1 style design, however I asked for custom modifications to make it resemble the AN-6552 variation. A new and improved throat latch, different labeling, different paint on the back collar, etc....
After about a week in production, yesterday I received a ready to ship notification with pictures of the jacket to inspect. There were several “issues” I had, so I emailed my concerns.
By the end of the Same day Shawn had contacted me and addressed ALL of the concerns to my satisfaction, and after my approval I immediately received an email from DHL stating the package had shipped.

at this point I am very happy with the experience and customer service I have received. Every email I sent Shawn (and there were about 30 of them...what can I say, I am OCD) he answered within a day, always courteous and happy to assist...even though I am sure I drove him crazy because I changed my measurements probably 10 times...

he never once Was dismissive or questioned my concerns as “minor”. Just seemed willing to help through the entire process to get me exactly what I wanted.

Just thought I would share. Also, here is a teaser pic. The quality looks outstanding and he nailed all of the “mods” that I asked for. I’ll post more pics once I receive the jacket.

(I also posted a thread on the “forum that shall not be named” describing the process)

Attachments

• 371FDA4C-1093-4D55-BAE5-D9937DEEAAD0.jpeg
    371FDA4C-1093-4D55-BAE5-D9937DEEAAD0.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 609

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Last goat for the herd arrived today. Another well built Halfbelt with a monster thick mouton collar. I chose the grey brown mouton and love it. Overall I couldn’t be happier with my 5 Star repro Halfbelts. All three are unique, well built and a delight to wear. Thank you Shawn!
View attachment 285298 View attachment 285301 View attachment 285302 View attachment 285303

That's another win for 5*. Congratulations on getting a great piece.

Looking great and thanks much for providing the pattern, the Horween natural 4-5 oz will be on the way to 5star this week.
View attachment 285304

That hide is so rich and gorgeous. Can't wait to see how it goes. All the best

dannyk

One Too Many
I’ve been blind before so completely possible I’m just a blind fool but: if I order a stock size and it doesn’t fit, does 5* do returns/exchanges on stock sizes?

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Last goat for the herd arrived today. Another well built Halfbelt with a monster thick mouton collar. I chose the grey brown mouton and love it. Overall I couldn’t be happier with my 5 Star repro Halfbelts. All three are unique, well built and a delight to wear. Thank you Shawn!

That goat looks great man, and a spot on fit!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new project is taking shape.
I'll have a Cafe Racer made out of the reddish brown shearling.
As simple as my Aero Cafe Racer. Only two breast pockets on the front, a seam on the back that creates a kidney panel - no gussets.
A #8 or #10 ykk double slider as a zipper. I am undecided about the color of the zippers. Nickel, brass, gun metal or black.
Reinforcements over some seams in the same color as the leather.
I am equally undecided about contrast stitching in beige or no contrast and thread color reddish.
Any tips?

Back:
FF058173-3F38-4317-9B3B-35EF4DA3FB0F.jpeg

11539376-6E35-4BD8-8542-3250F1971351.jpeg 158DB332-126C-4493-A84F-56B768C67BB0.jpeg

Berto

One of the Regulars
As simple as my Aero Cafe Racer. Only two breast pockets on the front, a seam on the back that creates a kidney panel - no gussets.
A #8 or #10 ykk double slider as a zipper. I am undecided about the color of the zippers. Nickel, brass, gun metal or black.
I am equally undecided about contrast stitching in beige or no contrast and thread color reddish.
Any tips?

Back:
View attachment 285458
View attachment 285459 View attachment 285460

Good project, I'm looking forward to see pics.

I would do contrast stitching in beige, seems to be cool.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any tips?

Back:
View attachment 285458

I would go with Brass #10 and contrast stitching :)

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
So looking to buy one of these from a guy. Seems like reviews are pretty positive so far so I’m pretty confident on quality, but sizing seems so far off. The tag says small, but it fits like a 44. Also, what would be a good price to pay for this thing as a pre owned piece? He’s asking $120, but since they sell for $150 new, I’m not sure that’s a deal exactly.

CRP

New in Town
View attachment 285298 View attachment 285301 View attachment 285302 View attachment 285303
Beautiful jacket! How do you like the shoulder mobility? My 5* Cafe Racer gets tight when I reach forward (handlebars, steering wheel, overhead...) and I want a shoulder pattern with more mobility. Let me know - thanks!

Beautiful jacket! How do you like the shoulder mobility? My 5* Cafe Racer gets tight when I reach forward (handlebars, steering wheel, overhead...) and I want a shoulder pattern with more mobility. Let me know - thanks!
They do help. When compared to the other 5 stars that don’t have gussets, the two that do offer a bit more mobility. That said the leather itself doesn’t have any fight in it at all, so for me at least, gussets or no gussets the jackets are quite easy to move around in.

Any tips?

Back:
View attachment 285458
Oh man this is going to be REALLY cool. I almost wonder what the seal brown thread would look like against that. Contrast slightly darker rather than lighter. Could be pretty sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner