Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Hh121

Banned
I also noticed they upgraded their hardware.
That is my request, I ask him to do exactly same as my Aero HB ( also the shape of the straps)
2421C40E-BFDB-40C7-826E-AD360729CDF7.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@torfjord thank man. Deerskin is awesome, Shawn says he has enough for orders lol hope we get more options than the black/cognac

@MrProper yes, a western button up shirt or something similar is perfect for this leather. It will drape and be comfortable to wear. Go for it!

@Marc mndt thank you! My squeaky seal goatskin feels so much plasticky than this buttery deerskin trucker I got for my sister. I'm envious of her jacket lol
+1 on the big improvement on the buckles

@Hh121 how heavy is that beast of a jacket? Looks great

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It puzzles me because it only weighs 6 lbs, the leather is 1.75-1.85 mm in thickness, it is Horween Latigo not CXL, more durable hide/hard-wearing but it has not been hot stuffed.
View attachment 298336 View attachment 298337

That's a pretty hefty weight but I remember you like the heavyweight stuff. Thanks, I thought it was CXL. Never heard of the Latigo line before, so does it mean less pull up and less water repellent if it is not hot stuffed? Hope you get to wear your Horween 5* jacket soon.

Hh121

Banned
Man that is just superb. I know Shawn doesn’t ever pull the belts in for his fit photos. The reality of this will far exceed his photos. Can’t wait to see it “in the flesh”!!
I am little nervous, hopefully it will fits me just fine, the measurements are 19 shoulder, 23 underarm and 25.5 back.

I am little nervous, hopefully it will fits me just fine, the measurements are 19 shoulder, 23 underarm and 25.5 back.
If I’ve learned one thing about 5 Star...it’s that I don’t look too closely at the fit photos he provides. I ask for them mainly to help spot construction issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic