Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

dlite90

Familiar Face
I'm having my A2 Bronco shipped out with the Olive Green knitting.
We had some confusion because, on their website, the A2 has really cool khaki knitting, but in the description it reads "Olive". He said they were out of the khaki knitwear and only offer 4 choices (black, seal brown, russet brown, and olive). I eventually just rolled my eyes and said ok man ship it.
I might have considered another brown or black but given the confusion with colors already, who knows what it might have looked like IRL. I guess Olive is the safest choice.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new project is taking shape.
I'll have a Cafe Racer made out of the reddish brown shearling.
As simple as my Aero Cafe Racer. Only two breast pockets on the front, a seam on the back that creates a kidney panel - no gussets.
A #8 or #10 ykk double slider as a zipper. I am undecided about the color of the zippers. Nickel, brass, gun metal or black.
Reinforcements over some seams in the same color as the leather.
I am equally undecided about contrast stitching in beige or no contrast and thread color reddish.
Any tips?

Back:
View attachment 285458
View attachment 285459 View attachment 285460

Unfortunately no Cafe Racer from the reddish shearling for me. Shawn only has this in 22 mm and it doesn't fit the style and it's too warm for my area. Maybe that's a good thing, who knows.
I asked Shawn about buffalo (undistressed) and natural deerskin.

Berto

One of the Regulars
I saw this Freewheelers photo today and instantly thought of Five Star...:rolleyes:
View attachment 287159
Unfortunately no Cafe Racer from the reddish shearling for me. Shawn only has this in 22 mm and it doesn't fit the style and it's too warm for my area. Maybe that's a good thing, who knows.
I asked Shawn about buffalo (undistressed) and natural deerskin.

It’s a pity.

I read Shawn had 9mm-10mm reddish shearling. And I think he posted some pic at LVJ. What did happen?

MrProper

I also thought he has 10mm reddish. But obviously not. Or my requirements were too complex :D
At the moment there is only seal brown in 10 mm. And I already have that.

Berto

One of the Regulars
I also thought he has 10mm reddish. But obviously not. Or my requirements were too complex :D
At the moment there is only seal brown in 10 mm. And I already have that.
I didn’t know 5* had seal shearling in 10mm. Interesting.

Any pics?, is it warm?

Thanks Mrproper

MrProper

I didn’t know 5* had seal shearling in 10mm. Interesting.

Any pics?, is it warm?

Thanks Mrproper
Yes it’s warm but not too warm. Perfekt for 10 to -5 Celsius
28FC72C0-BDF2-4E81-8957-A06EB97741F7.jpeg

MrProper

I thought 5*posted 10mm reddish shearling

dsc_6601-copy-jpg.48862
This picture is the new seal brown. Unfortunately.

must be this (source: Facebook)
FiveStar Leather Repro USAAF Type B-3 Sheepskin Leather Flight Jacket, Made from thicker and Heavy proper color fleece, Leather color of sheepskin is seal brown true to Original shade, Contrast Heavy Russet Brown Hides Reinforcements, Heavy and Durable Cowhide leather straps, True and authentic look vintage Brass buckles, Repro Talon Zipper front fastening.
A72EFA40-9961-4254-9E0C-7B26B0048F6F.jpeg

Berto

One of the Regulars
This picture is the new seal brown. Unfortunately.

must be this (source: Facebook)
FiveStar Leather Repro USAAF Type B-3 Sheepskin Leather Flight Jacket, Made from thicker and Heavy proper color fleece, Leather color of sheepskin is seal brown true to Original shade, Contrast Heavy Russet Brown Hides Reinforcements, Heavy and Durable Cowhide leather straps, True and authentic look vintage Brass buckles, Repro Talon Zipper front fastening.
View attachment 287368
OK thanks for the clarification.

I was wrong thinking it was reddish shearling.

Anyway, perhaps 10mm shearling would be too much for a racer jacket. I was looking at belstaff / matchless racer shearling jackets and seem to be thinner (¿6 mm?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner