Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Oh boy! My money is on Ton doubling down on more oil and dye. Can't wait to see the results!
You got it! 1 part dye to 8 parts alcohol. It’s darker than I thought! One thing I’ve learned, you could likely dye 20 jackets with the 6oz fieblings. I intentionally went lighter in some areas so I didn’t lose all my darker burnished tones. It’s a bit flat after buffing. Will apply wax tomorrow and call it done. With some wear it should at least cause a double take as to the real deal.
I love a good project!
BD021B1E-8489-4FFB-BFA2-692248A3213E.jpeg

Berto

One of the Regulars
With 2cm of fur, you don't wear layers anymore. T-shirt or shirt is enough. lol
I'm actually waiting for my custom shearling in the reddish. But somehow it seems to be too custom and Shawn doesn't start. Well, I have enough other shearling anyway.
Let's see what Mr Proper is bringing to the table with that new custom jacket.

Surely it is a stunning piece.

:)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Let's see what Mr Proper is bringing to the table with that new custom jacket.

Surely it is a stunning piece.

:)

I'm afraid it's not going to work out with the new jacket. I've given the go-ahead at least twice already, and Shawn wanted to start the pattern some time ago, but something seems to be preventing it. I've had this happen once or twice with slightly more complicated special requests.
Maybe there isn't enough reddish shearling either. I haven't seen a jacket made from it yet either.
But it doesn't matter, because I have enough shearling and other jackets anyway. I just see it as a sign and don't push it.

Berto

One of the Regulars
I'm afraid it's not going to work out with the new jacket. I've given the go-ahead at least twice already, and Shawn wanted to start the pattern some time ago, but something seems to be preventing it. I've had this happen once or twice with slightly more complicated special requests.
Maybe there isn't enough reddish shearling either. I haven't seen a jacket made from it yet either.
But it doesn't matter, because I have enough shearling and other jackets anyway. I just see it as a sign and don't push it.
I thought you would use new shearling (Irvin shearling)

MrProper

I thought you would use new shearling (Irvin shearling)
Yes, exactly. But just the reddish and not the dark seal.

But... Shawn has reached out in the meantime. Unfortunately, the standard pattern of the M-444 cannot be used for my special requests and he has to make a new pattern. But it is running :D
21810560-40C1-4DE1-8E85-2D1ACB188426.jpeg

Hobbes1

A-List Customer

Interesting. I have had several communications with Shawn via WhatsApp that just didn’t get follow up or sometimes even a response at all. Basic things like if a certain hide is available and in what color. Like you, I’m taking it as a sign.
Fractal Audio recently released a new guitar modeler and my attention to jackets has been severely compromised. As has my disposable income lol.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
You got it! 1 part dye to 8 parts alcohol. It’s darker than I thought! One thing I’ve learned, you could likely dye 20 jackets with the 6oz fieblings. I intentionally went lighter in some areas so I didn’t lose all my darker burnished tones. It’s a bit flat after buffing. Will apply wax tomorrow and call it done. With some wear it should at least cause a double take as to the real deal.
I love a good project!
View attachment 376694
This is what Shawn's russet goat should've been. Looks awesome. Good note on the Fiebing. I was wondering why they come in such small bottles. It's so concentrated.

But... Shawn has reached out in the meantime. Unfortunately, the standard pattern of the M-444 cannot be used for my special requests and he has to make a new pattern. But it is running :D
View attachment 376816

Are you asking for redskin? Or more russet version of the Irvin? Both would look great. I didn't know Shawn offered either of those shearling skins though.

Shearling is addictive. I am really wanting a second one.

MrProper

Are you asking for redskin? Or more russet version of the Irvin? Both would look great. I didn't know Shawn offered either of those shearling skins though.
When Shawn introduced the new Shearling, the dark version (seal) was there and just what Shawn calls reddish.
This is the lighter brown in the pictures. Since I already have Seal enough, I would now like to have the reddish and hope that it looks good in real life.
That would be Shearling No. 5.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/five-star-leather-jackets.101762/page-204#post-2839768

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Shawn needs to start a premium line, made with premium goatskin finished by Ton's receipe, like the Shinki Shells finished by Ogawa.

Now the premium goatskin can finally live up to its name, premium. Great work.

Hh121

Banned
Fresh pics, Horween CXL steerhide 6oz plus, 10.25 lbs

Attachments

• IMG-20211110-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0000.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG-20211110-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0002.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG-20211110-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0029.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG-20211110-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0035.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG-20211110-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0037.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG-20211110-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0032.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG-20211110-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20211110-WA0026.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 478

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That looks really good! I like the D pocket and the bottom band stitch work. Armpit gusset is cool too. I assume this was a 6 to 7 oz hide right?

Berto

One of the Regulars

View attachment 376816
I'm eager to see you new shearling pattern.

I'm thinkimg on pull the trigger with that new reddish shearling on a B3 jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk