Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Bfd70 I used to email Shawn. And then I switched to facebook messenger for my last order. He seems to be on facebook messenger most of the time.

@Will Zach I usually just send Shawn a photo of jackets he's done for others. It's easiest this way, to avoid any misunderstandings. The MrProper newest shearling is quite different in construction. The seams are lot nicer. I am gonna wait to see the final results until I pull the trigger. I doubt I can get anything before Xmas anyways.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quite great. My other shearlings will have a hard time.
10A25CB2-34FD-4ADB-894F-5559E3507B24.jpeg
BCBBCCEE-4CE2-4478-9455-04EDABC70C1A.jpeg
53F01B32-8CD7-4863-9C02-02FBDBB3B6FA.jpeg
F2B5E924-A7EC-447D-BCC0-DC85AC2981E3.jpeg

MrProper

Here are a few detailed photos.
The jacket weighs 5.62 lbs (2.55 kg).
The underarm gussets work great. Good mobility despite tight fit.
The zippers and pockets are what I wanted. The pockets are heavy cotton drill. It would certainly be possible to make them out of shearling, but that would make the jacket thicker and I didn't want that. And the pockets are still warm.
On Stormcuffs I have renounced, because that is then too tight for me. And since I wear the jacket in everyday life, this is not a disadvantage.
The chest pocket is positioned a little high. Since I have not paid attention when specifying the dimensions. But it does not really bother me.
Overall, I must say that I am extremely satisfied.
Unfortunately it is snowing right now and on top of that I am sick. Thus, the fit photos will have to wait a few days.
IMG_5444.jpeg
IMG_5431.jpeg
IMG_5432.jpeg
IMG_5433.jpeg
IMG_5434.jpeg
IMG_5435.jpeg
IMG_5436.jpeg
IMG_5438.jpeg
IMG_5439.jpeg
IMG_5440.jpeg

MrProper

In the meantime I could wear the new Shearling a few times. The temperatures were about 0 degrees Celsius and in between also times an hour warmer in the mall.
I can now say that this new Shearling is less warm than assumed. I suspect it is because it is either less dense or the individual hairs of the wool stand up less because of their length. Or a combination of both.
Wonderful for me, because I was already worried that the 22mm Shearling might be too warm for my area. However, this way it is perfect.
So if anyone is considering this Shearling but thinks it would be too warm, I can debunk that.
Whereby this is not to say that the jacket is not warm. But I would rather compare it to 10mm shearling instead of a thick B-3 shearling.

Berto

One of the Regulars
In the meantime I could wear the new Shearling a few times. The temperatures were about 0 degrees Celsius and in between also times an hour warmer in the mall.
I can now say that this new Shearling is less warm than assumed. I suspect it is because it is either less dense or the individual hairs of the wool stand up less because of their length. Or a combination of both.
Wonderful for me, because I was already worried that the 22mm Shearling might be too warm for my area. However, this way it is perfect.
So if anyone is considering this Shearling but thinks it would be too warm, I can debunk that.
Whereby this is not to say that the jacket is not warm. But I would rather compare it to 10mm shearling instead of a thick B-3 shearling.
Thanks, very interesting insight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko