Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

KBlake

One Too Many
Ha, I just ordered one of these in black steer and I already have one in seal steer that I love. Got them without chest pockets, though. And I am replacing the cheap chrome buckles on the seal one I have with brass. It has high arm holes and fits perfectly.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Ha, I just ordered one of these in black steer and I already have one in seal steer that I love. Got them without chest pockets, though. And I am replacing the cheap chrome buckles on the seal one I have with brass. It has high arm holes and fits perfectly.
Cool! Post some pics and say a few words about the pattern. Is it high arm hole just like the 30s HB? I assumed it was and that was the only reason I went in for one in 2mm leather. Thanks.
Anything you don't like about this pattern?

KBlake

One Too Many
Cool! Post some pics and say a few words about the pattern. Is it high arm hole just like the 30s HB? I assumed it was and that was the only reason I went in for one in 2mm leather. Thanks.
Anything you don't like about this pattern?
I believe it's the same pattern as the 30s HB if not somewhat slimmer and higher armholes. The collar is not the same as the HB though, which I prefer. Instead of the pointy shirt style collar it has a more standard spread. It has a really flattering shape and falls/rolls nicely. The yoke is very cool, too. As mentioned, the chrome buckles are garbage but you are getting them upgraded. I've also requested that they be at the waist not at the hip, which I believe you did as well. I passed on the chest pockets but see their appeal, too.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Another 2mm horsehide, with upgraded brass hardware. Wished for seal brown but charcoal black will do...
2mm sheene suburban 01.jpg

2mm sheene suburban 02.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Is the 2mm readily available or did you get access to some old stock/leftovers prototype leather?

It wasn't available when I ordered the first trucker jacket. He had to restock. I don't know how much he ordered for the restock. But there was enough to do a second jacket with his usual 7 days turnaround time (Stock Pattern).

Damon141

Practically Family
If anyone remembers my fit fiasco with buying a Himel Kensington (not bespoke)https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fit-advice-for-new-member.106993/

Since that time I took everyone’s advice and decided to go custom from now on.
I have a few in the works with 3 different makers the first just finished. Probably a bit overboard but finding this forum has me on a jacket kick. I wake up thinking about jackets and fall asleep dreaming of them.

Here is a picture of the finished product.
8C8F7FC6-EF30-4219-AEE9-132E12C8222F.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If anyone remembers my fit fiasco with buying a Himel Kensington (not bespoke)https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fit-advice-for-new-member.106993/

Since that time I took everyone’s advice and decided to go custom from now on.
I have a few in the works with 3 different makers the first just finished. Probably a bit overboard but finding this forum has me on a jacket kick. I wake up thinking about jackets and fall asleep dreaming of them.

Here is a picture of the finished product.
View attachment 412924
Mine is the base for yours.
I'm curious to see how it looks in brown.
3BBBB245-DE86-4CBA-8CA1-DB27EB147ADA.jpeg

Damon141

Practically Family
You were my inspiration for the jacket as well. I ordered the brown because I figured the price is so low that it’s not much of a loss. I would be too scared to order a brown cafe racer from a high end maker. This is the cognac goat.

I read nearly every page of this thread and took a screenshot of your instructions and sent my measurements and a drawing.

Damon141

Practically Family
Mrproper, can I ask you what your arm arm circumference in the bicep area is?

I wanted to guage the way mine will fit.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mrproper, can I ask you what your arm arm circumference in the bicep area is?

I wanted to guage the way mine will fit.
On my Café racer, it's 22 cm on the upper arm. My upper arm is something around 36 cm, if I remember correctly.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
@Canuck Panda here are the pictures I received from Shawn, of the trucker I ordered but I went with the 1.4mm HH. It is just like yours but with buttons.

Attachments

• IMG20220322182608.jpg
    IMG20220322182608.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG20220322182652.jpg
    IMG20220322182652.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG20220322182712.jpg
    IMG20220322182712.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG20220322183236.jpg
    IMG20220322183236.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG20220322183313.jpg
    IMG20220322183313.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115

Damon141

Practically Family
On my Café racer, it's 22 cm on the upper arm. My upper arm is something around 36 cm, if I remember correctly.
Mine are about 41 cm right now and I ordered 44 cm circumference so they will be a little tight. I’m a little worried now, I might have to diet a little and get in some cardio.
This will help me figure out the size for the next one.

I love that trucker. That is for sure my next choice.

Attachments

• DA37ED8D-FC6F-4C0D-AF04-4E768485512F.jpeg
    DA37ED8D-FC6F-4C0D-AF04-4E768485512F.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 120
  • AA5B3154-3735-4D54-B97C-3571B9E84CEE.jpeg
    AA5B3154-3735-4D54-B97C-3571B9E84CEE.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 129

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
Fit question for you guys: I think my HB fits pretty well. However, when I raise my arms in front of me, like you would when riding a bike or holding a steering wheel, there is some tightness across my shoulders in the back-- right under the back yoke. Is this normal-- does it just need to break-in/ stretch a little bit, or should I consider changing my measurements if I order another jacket?

Also, those of you that have Five Star jacket with shoulder gussets like these:
5FEB2CBF-2F04-4143-AA7C-D3BC6EA9816E.jpg

do you feel like they would help with this? Are they truly functional, or more just decorative?

Also considering a center gusset like this:

IMG_0092.PNG

Would that be effective?

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@Rugby That trucker looks great! I like the buttons better than snaps. Hope your DHL package gets delivered this week.

@Damon141 Please tell me you got the premium goat! It’s thicker but still has some stretch. And I think the arm measurements will work. Is it about the same as your Kensington? 8.5”-9” is the norm for 44 upper sleeves.

@Griemersma That winter HB does NOT have as good range of motion as the slim fit 30s HB.
If you want full forward range of motions you need full action back or something like the CHP jacket that has huge P2P for the tag size because it’s basically full action back sewn flat / one panel.

No wonder Shawn’s lead time was longer over the past two weeks. Very nice round of jackets gents. Congrats!

Damon141

Practically Family
@canuck-panda.
I did ask for the premium or grade A but I didn’t press the issue like other members that asked to see the thickness. (I wish I had)I hope it is the thicker.
As for the Kensington, that is the one single measurement I never took, I believe the sleeves were much wider looking back at the pictures, hence why I took a risk on a close fit on the FiveStar.

Attachments

• 93B5C13A-C479-4E77-9D7B-40381EFEF79C.jpeg
    93B5C13A-C479-4E77-9D7B-40381EFEF79C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110

KBlake

One Too Many
Fit question for you guys: I think my HB fits pretty well. However, when I raise my arms in front of me, like you would when riding a bike or holding a steering wheel, there is some tightness across my shoulders in the back-- right under the back yoke. Is this normal-- does it just need to break-in/ stretch a little bit, or should I consider changing my measurements if I order another jacket?

Also, those of you that have Five Star jacket with shoulder gussets like these: View attachment 412974

do you feel like they would help with this? Are they truly functional, or more just decorative?

Also considering a center gusset like this:

View attachment 412977
Would that be effective?
If you're talking about this HB it looks like it fits perfectly accross the shoulders:
1648175297046.jpeg
The pleat you're considering looks cool butI doubt it adds much comfort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner