Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
Is the russet coloring pretty bad across the different types of leather? I know the goatskin russet looks awful

H Widman

New in Town
Anyone with experience on any of these two patterns? Got an itch for a cross zip and I have a hard time deciding which one to choose. I will provide Fivestar with custom measurements. Thinking black or seal premium goat. Any thoughts/shared experiences are highly appreciated! If there are owners out there willing to share a pic or two I would be most grateful.

All the best/H

Attachments

• 0EB04FBF-525E-4511-9ECE-503E166A9006.png
    0EB04FBF-525E-4511-9ECE-503E166A9006.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
  • 9858D178-F15B-48BA-AC77-5BF3AE1BCF3C.png
    9858D178-F15B-48BA-AC77-5BF3AE1BCF3C.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 125

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone with experience on any of these two patterns? Got an itch for a cross zip and I have a hard time deciding which one to choose. I will provide Fivestar with custom measurements. Thinking black or seal premium goat. Any thoughts/shared experiences are highly appreciated! If there are owners out there willing to share a pic or two I would be most grateful.

All the best/H
I do not know the models. But in terms of premium goat I find black the best.
I would consider taking black and waxed.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/five-star-leather-jackets.101762/post-2822207

All the best/H
If you go with the perfecto over the D pocket, have Shawn fix the coin pocket....it looks imported off a child's jacket.

H Widman

New in Town
This is the d pocket on me in size 38..ridiculous sizing on this jacket. Just needs a bigger sleeve taper imo. View attachment 470448
If you go with the perfecto over the D pocket, have Shawn fix the coin pocket....it looks imported off a child's jacket.
Totally agreed. Or maybe I’ll just skip it altogether..

Aloysius

All the best/H

Neither. If you're going to get a cross-zip from Shawn, get the Penney repro which is actually based on an original so the proportions and pattern are good. The good Five Stars are the ones built off of originals.

That terrible jacket is a TFL member design, lol. I told him at the time in this thread that the pocket proportions were all off and made worse by the beltless blank space. But he liked the shrunken pocket, so I guess there's room for all kinds…

Aloysius

Is the russet coloring pretty bad across the different types of leather? I know the goatskin russet looks awful

It's a language issue. What they call 'russet' is chocolate brown.

The actual russet colors are "Conic" (I think that was supposed to be cognac) and "Reddish Brown" for goat and "Pull Up" for horse.

Aloysius

It looks better than the jacket I recently received from them. 5Star is a pass for me. Curiosity satisfied.

I should probably assemble a list here of which 5Stars are actually patterned off real vintage vs the ones that are mediocre patterns with whatever details a customer asked for on top.

The first group are hard to beat. The second are a waste of time and money.

sshack

A-List Customer
I would not see it that way in every case. OTR jackets that are not based on an original are certainly risky. Fully customized with exact specifications works quite well. So does an exact copy of an existing jacket.
Fully customized and exact specifications are a two way street. I gave them, but they ignored them. Mine wasn't even fully customized. Just a tweak or two. Even the pictures they send you before delivery can be doctored/misleading, as mine were.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I just dropped an order to 5 Star today.
I need a white riders jacket for summer road trips with my motorcycle. Riding with a black leather jacket is quite painful with high temperatures.
So I ordered a white and black jacket based on their Guide Master’s repro, in premium goatskin, with a camo coton lining.

Waiting time is beginning !

Hopefully it should look like this
(Except for the lining of course)

BA11DF7B-86B1-4061-9C21-91A140852FC0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ