Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

abone

A-List Customer
I’m confused. @ton312 specced his 5.5” open. That suggests he plans to wear them open and they would be too tight closed.

Is there a correct way to wear jackets with zippered cuffs(I.e., open)? As I see it zippered cuffs appear on Moto jackets and should fit very tight closed and comfortably open. One wouldn’t wear them closed unless riding to keep air out.
I wear my zipped cuffs zipped and unzipped for casual wear. As far as I’m concerned, either way is acceptable. On the bike, always zipped.

Dyed the smoke cordo with mediocre result. I was hoping for more red. I should’ve worked the brown off further with acetone but the I could feel the brain cells dripping down my throat and bearded unicorns were swirling, fearing I might succumb to their perverse desires... I left a little too much of the original color.
As received:
View attachment 534829
Urad dark brown:
View attachment 534830
Stripped:
View attachment 534831
Fiebings Cordo plus resolene:
View attachment 534832
Done

Cordo looks good to me.

Observe

One Too Many
Ordered July 25, shipping today. Not bad! They even agreed to add some internal pockets free of charge. This is the "vintage custom 1930s" model, with some modifications. IMG20230803180333.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Holy sh*t! Panelled lining and all. The time of 5* has arrived. i said it before and I will say it again, I got on the 5* train too early.

Did you add the semi action pleats? I remember the old one didn’t have this back but the double point yoke and some none functional pleats. The single point yoke looks so much better.

Observe

One Too Many
Holy sh*t! Panelled lining and all. The time of 5* has arrived. i said it before and I will say it again, I got on the 5* train too early.

Did you add the semi action pleats? I remember the old one didn’t have this back but the double point yoke and some none functional pleats. The single point yoke looks so much better.
The back design is standard for the model I ordered. @klorel I only had time to try it on but they seem reasonably functional.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool jacket, congratulations.
I would have one gripe, if I may.
For my taste, 5* often makes the neck hole way too big.
It was the same with my brown HB, even though I gave the exact measurements. The tape measure was placed in such a way that it looked as if it would fit. With the black one, everything was fine.
But the neck hole probably only bothers me because I have a thin neck. But you can compensate for it visually if you put the collar more to the outside.
I hope it is ok that I remarked this.

Observe

One Too Many
Cool jacket, congratulations.
I would have one gripe, if I may.
For my taste, 5* often makes the neck hole way too big.
It was the same with my brown HB, even though I gave the exact measurements. The tape measure was placed in such a way that it looked as if it would fit. With the black one, everything was fine.
But the neck hole probably only bothers me because I have a thin neck. But you can compensate for it visually if you put the collar more to the outside.
I hope it is ok that I remarked this.
It all looks a bit weird now where it's so stiff and new, I'm hoping the neck and cuffs will calm down a bit once they break in. I'm a victim of the aero neck hanging phenomenon so a larger neck hole isn't a deal breaker for me.

MadCat

Familiar Face
I have kinda an unrelated question to the last few posts:

How do I make my 2mm steerhide jacket more “shiny”?

Observe

One Too Many
One minor gripe with my new jacket is I wish the chest pocket was maybe half an inch closer to the main zipper. Its current placement is a bit closer to the armpit than it needs to be. Not a deal breaker though, just one of those elements left to chance by mistake. The jacket fits and is comfortable, which is 90% of the battle. It doesn't impede my use of the pocket. 20230810_113650.jpg
Edit: pocket location seems very similar to the Aero premier half belt, so maybe it's just me nit picking.

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One minor gripe with my new jacket is I wish the chest pocket was maybe half an inch closer to the main zipper. Its current placement is a bit closer to the armpit than it needs to be. Not a deal breaker though, just one of those elements left to chance by mistake. The jacket fits and is comfortable, which is 90% of the battle. It doesn't impede my use of the pocket. View attachment 538825
What I always say... everything that is not exactly specified is left to chance ;-)
But if you hadn't explicitly pointed it out now, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24