Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Ton

Do you know anybody that makes good wool sport’s coats under $500 or am I just having a pipe dream I mean there has to be someone better out there right?
Sugar Cane makes some 30 oz that are like $440 shipped if you order online. If you've handled Buzz Rickson you should know their quality. All off the rack though.

Sugar Cane makes some 30 oz that are like $440 shipped if you order online. If you've handled Buzz Rickson you should know their quality. All off the rack though.

Where do I find that? Sounds sweet.

I’ll echo that GB make really cool wool HBs. I currently have a GB wool vest that is very thick. Real nice. The best, imo, vintage wool. Windward, Kings o whatever, etc.

Nacho

Practically Family
IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5713.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

Nacho

Practically Family
That’s the one. I had a light gray one. A bit too small for me so away it went. The vest I own, which I wore today, may be even thicker. Is this one yours?

Unfortunately no! Too big for me so I didn’t buy it. The lining is gorgeous and the colour is real cool!

Damn, you should have sold me the light gray one. If it’s too small for you, it probably fits me lol.

Unfortunately no! Too big for me so I didn’t buy it. The lining is gorgeous and the colour is real cool!

Damn, you should have sold me the light gray one. If it’s too small for you, it probably fits me lol.

It was really nice. Went to Ton. He has owned a couple/few I think.

I see them on eBay and Etsy often enough. Just never my size. Most of the vests are smaller too. GB wool is one of my many searches.

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
Do you know what a pattern is? Fast fashion brands like H&M employ numerous professionals pattern makers.

Whether or not you like the style, those jackets are 3D not 2D. Designed by people who are trained pattern makers.

View attachment 567409
Do you know what a pattern is? Fast fashion brands like H&M employ numerous professionals pattern makers.

Whether or not you like the style, those jackets are 3D not 2D. Designed by people who are trained pattern makers.

View attachment 567409 View attachment 567410
I really like that last picture, it brings a lot to the table.

Nacho

Practically Family
It was really nice. Went to Ton. He has owned a couple/few I think.

I see them on eBay and Etsy often enough. Just never my size. Most of the vests are smaller too. GB wool is one of my many searches.

If you see one in size 38 or 40, please send it my way. :cool:

GB is actually a decent maker. I don’t know if you remember but I asked you about a Harley CHP a while back. You told me you don’t know the maker but it looks to be quality. I ended up buying it and it turned out to be GB. And I love that jacket. One of my best purchases this year.

So gracias, senõr J!

IMG_5544.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Where do I find that? Sounds sweet.

I’ll echo that GB make really cool wool HBs. I currently have a GB wool vest that is very thick. Real nice. The best, imo, vintage wool. Windward, Kings o whatever, etc.

They restocked them a while ago so they've sold out but generally Bears is one of the best to buy internationally, they offer free shipping and at the Japanese domestic retail price. They release these jackets seasonally so if you're in the market fall/winter next year they'll probably have them. Also via Hinoya or Rodeo Pine Avenue who offer easy shipment. I think they already released these this year a few months ago so slim pickings on sizing throughout all the stores.

It's a bit of a hassle to get but I think it's a solid product with nice pattern.

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
[/URL]

They restocked them a while ago so they've sold out but generally Bears is one of the best to buy internationally, they offer free shipping and at the Japanese domestic retail price. They release these jackets seasonally so if you're in the market fall/winter next year they'll probably have them. Also via Hinoya or Rodeo Pine Avenue who offer easy shipment. I think they already released these this year a few months ago so slim pickings on sizing throughout all the stores.

It's a bit of a hassle to get but I think it's a solid product with nice pattern.
I was originally considering Sugar Cane, but unfortunately I’m not too excited about the sizing, price and availability. I’m definitely keeping an eye on it still. Those golden bear and schott wool jackets look great though, but nothing as intriguing as those old school Sportclad and Lee Wool Sport Jackets. I’m looking for a repro of those jackets, I feel as if the used or vintage ones are not going to be too fun.

[/URL]

Sweet. Thanks. I’ve got this jacket made by Polo. It’s at the tailor getting the sleeves shortened. Much lighter weight. I would really love it in a heavy, sturdier wool.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I was originally considering Sugar Cane, but unfortunately I’m not too excited about the sizing, price and availability. I’m definitely keeping an eye on it still. Those golden bear and schott wool jackets look great though, but nothing as intriguing as those old school Sportclad and Lee Wool Sport Jackets. I’m looking for a repro of those jackets, I feel as if the used or vintage ones are not going to be too fun.
I think the old or vintage would be the most fun ;)

Eddiesuave

Familiar Face
Sorry to change the subject so much. I appreciate all the great recommendations for wool jackets. But does anybody have any idea what the deal is with Avileather? It looks practically the same just more streamlined website, genuine models with little to no customization options. Almost like a twin company catering to a different audience. What’s the deal here? Does anybody have both to compare?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Avi leather seems like the same jackets but better marketing. Reminds me of another reseller brand on Instagram, mastersupplyco or something like that. Shawn needs to up his photography game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy