Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Florshiem lmperial sizing

The Shooman

Practically Family
cookie said:
Carter may care to comment re this.

hopefully by tonight.

A bloke has sourced a pair for me. l'm paying over $500 for these babies, so l hope he posts in the next few hours. l feel 95% confident i've got my size nailed, but i'm still alittle paranoid.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The ones I've seen do. I'm not sure about their last making, though some shoe companies I've talked to like Alden claim for their heavy wings they use what was a standard military last of the day. Theirs fit the same as the Aldens of the same size. Though construction has changed at both companies over the years with Alden's lower end stlyles being far better than buying a higher end Florsheim, the Imperial wingtip of Florsheim is still pretty well done... any other shoe from Florsheim tends to feel like walking on gravel.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Great Shoes

cookie said:
Carter may care to comment re this.
I have several pair, from the 50's, and they do fit true to size. A 9 1/2 D fits very well. A 9 1/2 C is fine but just a tad snug when first worn.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Shooman said:
hopefully by tonight.

A bloke has sourced a pair for me. l'm paying over $500 for these babies, so l hope he posts in the next few hours. l feel 95% confident i've got my size nailed, but i'm still alittle paranoid.

Why 500 when they go NOS on the Bay for USD200+? Do you have a special size?

The Shooman

Practically Family
cookie said:
Why 500 when they go NOS on the Bay for USD200+? Do you have a special size?

Believe me....i've been checking ebay for a long time for the right size. They never have unworn classics in my size, they are always too narrow or the wrong size. l haven't seen a size 8D or 8E ever. When a bloke told me about them, l just had to hold my breath and get them.

l've been dreaming of owning 50's and 60's originals for 35 years, so this is a major score for me. l'm very very excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo