Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FLUTTER SLEEVES

olive bleu

One Too Many
I have to make something new for a small dinner party I am going to on the 20th.I want to make something with sleeves like this

9091j28.JPG

But simply cannot justify the 65.00 to buy this pattern.I am looking for a modern pattern that i might be able to come up with to turn it into something close to this..So far, i came up with this one, but I'm not sure about the waistband, has any one seen any others?

B5243.jpg

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
olive bleu: What a gorgeous pattern! But $65 - ouch. :(

You don't want to use the Butterick pattern - it's for stretch knits only, and won't work with wovens.

If it were me, I'd probably buy a vintage or modern pattern with a similar bodice and skirt, and then alter the sleeve pattern. (Just be sure the original sleeve is a basic set-in, without gathers or anything fancy.)

olive bleu

One Too Many
that's not a bad idea. I did notice the recommendation for knits, which is not what i want at all..I really want the original vintage pattern..whaaaa:(

Tourbillion

Practically Family
There's also Simplicity 4270, which is one of their Retro line. You could lengthen them a bit if you really want them elbow length.

4270.jpg

The bodice isn't the same as the pattern you'd like, but it is multi-sized if you aren't up to changing sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy