Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For once vintage in a positive way on TV

Louise Anne

Suspended
oh it gets very boring if every one agree with each other all the time on forums, I have started some very hot debates on a forum or two and things have gone OK with people having completely different views aceppting wach others right to hold those views , then there always some one who come in a makes it into a personal one.

Once a member boy friend log in using the ladies name and stirred a lot of trouble on the forum with very radical opinions, we only found out becuse the lady was know in real life by a member and was know not have extreme views like she was supposed to be writing about

there a world of difference from holding a strong discursion than having a go at people and making it very personal some people cannot work out the difference..

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think there's a difference between commenting on broad questions of culture and attacking the choices of individuals. I'll criticize modern culture to beat the band because I think it needs to be discussed -- and if it takes that kind of criticism to get people to look at their culture critically, so be it. But I try not to criticize specific individuals for their private choices -- they make their beds, and they're the ones who get to lie in them, whatever bedclothes they choose.

This is exactly how I feel about it, too. The perspective, and therefore the critique, is different when you take a broad view of culture and a focused view of an individual. No one person conforms completely to the culture they live in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy