Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - Late 40's/Early 50's Knox Vagabond KING Leightweight felt SZ 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale is a fairly rare hat. I have only seen a few on the lounge. The Vagabond King was an upgraded model from the Vagabond and cost $10.00 at a time when the regular Vagabond cost $8.00. The felt is very nicely finished and thin. Its not a super "light" hat in actual weight, but the felt itself is lightweight felt. The color is a Greenish-Gray. The color isn't as green as the pictures show, its actually more gray. I would say its a green with gray undertones. In some lights it looks green and some it looks gray. Overall this hat is really nice. There are some VERY light tracks on the underside of the brim. They are small enough that they would not photograph and are really barely noticeable. The top of the hat is in excellent shape. The sweatband is still pliable and wearable, but is cracking on the surface. The sweatband is comfortable, but not perfect as the pictures show. As a really nice touch, KNOX used a silver wind trolley with a copper colored trolley button on this hat. The ribbon is on the green spectrum and the 3 colors go fantastic together. It has a GREAT crown shape. The 5233 profile yields a 5 3/4 crown height.

I'm asking $75 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS.

DSC08149.jpg

DSC08154.jpg

DSC08155.jpg

DSC08151.jpg

DSC08153.jpg

DSC08156.jpg

DSC08157.jpg

DSC08126.jpg

DSC08127.jpg

DSC08136.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Just measured the brim, it measures just a hair over 2 1/2, but not quite at 2 5/8. So like I said before, its somewhere in the middle.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I bought it from ebay about 3-4 weeks ago. Looked totally different in the auction photos. The auction pics made it seem very gray and not so green.

If it's the same hat I saw, you did a good job cleaning it up, and that's a heck of a steal for a lucky lounger.

I almost bid on that one!

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Man, I was planning on getting myself a hat with the money left over after going Christmas shopping, but I have yet to go! And I always do enjoy the hats you offer, Josh.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Man, I was planning on getting myself a hat with the money left over after going Christmas shopping, but I have yet to go! And I always do enjoy the hats you offer, Josh.

David, you need to get someone to buy you this hat for Christmas.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I would ask my dad, but he just got me new tires. I don't think anyone else I know would want to spend that much on a hat. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it of the bay.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Havent posted this yet, got tied up with a friends wedding this weekend. It will most definitely be going to ebay tomorrow for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner