Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the cell 'phone users out there

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
In days gone by I can remember getting a new wallet and carefully typing or lettering the "identification card" that came inside most all of them. Most of them had a blank that said "In Case of Emergency Contact xxx"

A friend the other day told me of a novel thing that is surely a sign of the times. He said that law enforcement and emergency personnel workers are now trained to peruse the cell 'phone address book of a seriously injured person for an entry that says "ICE" followed by a 'phone number - "In Case of Emergency."

He pointed out how particularly important such an entry might be for those of us who have children with a cell 'phone who might not be carrying any other identification. The same might be true of ladies who have left their pocketbooks elsewhere but carried their cell 'phone with them. Men always seem to have wallets on their person.

Anyway, a tip to pass along that hopefully is never needed by anyone reading this.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
This highly recommended.

I had my parents get cell phones just for that purpose since they were getting old and anything can happen to them. Not for communicating with us, but for easy accessibility of emergency contact numbers just in case.

I recommend to my patients, as well as the MedAlert bracelets or pendants, to group the emergency contact numbers into one group, and number them priority wise.

It saves a lot of time and trouble on all sides.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
That is not only an excellent idea but it's also amusing to think what some members of this Forum want their ICE to read like.
Below blood type, allergies, religious preferences, family phone numbers, power of attorney and medical postings would be the following alert:

ATTENTION EMT STAFF - The hat is family.
Cut no cloth for surgical access. Place all removable studs, tie tacks and cufflinks in watch pocket.
BE AWARE - watch in pocket!
For the curious, alluring scent is Clubman's Bay Rum.
Tailor's number listed below.

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
As I was adding my wife's cell 'phone number as my "ICE" number, it occured to me that the less-informed might think I had the private number of a rap star.

RadioHead

Familiar Face
Oh, I say!

Spatterdash said:
ATTENTION EMT STAFF - The hat is family.
Cut no cloth for surgical access. Place all removable studs, tie tacks and cufflinks in watch pocket.
BE AWARE - watch in pocket!
For the curious, alluring scent is Clubman's Bay Rum.
Tailor's number listed below.

lol Now THAT is class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner