Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For you Indie fans

Blackjack

One Too Many
Smith and Wessons new re-pop of thier Model 1917 with lanyard ring, 45acp half moon clips and available in blue, case hardened, and nickle. Get em while you can boys.
150199_large.jpg

Blackjack

One Too Many
It is a sweet gun, I've held one, cut the barrell down to 4" and about as close as you'll get to the SW hand ejector that was used in the first film. Even outside of the Raiders association, it's one Smith has turned out in their "classic" series, including the 38 snubnose "Chief".

sean138

New in Town
Very nice, but...

They have done a great job bringing back these classic designs but the prices are a bit nuts. I have a Springfield Armory GI .45 and It was half what these are. I am guessing the S&Ws are US made.
If I had the spare change though, I would get the model 1917. Nice gun.
Sean

Colt needs to bring back the hammerless auto in .32 and .38 cal. Just for fun.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
sean138 said:
They have done a great job bringing back these classic designs but the prices are a bit nuts. I have a Springfield Armory GI .45 and It was half what these are. I am guessing the S&Ws are US made.
If I had the spare change though, I would get the model 1917. Nice gun.
Sean

Colt needs to bring back the hammerless auto in .32 and .38 cal. Just for fun.

Springfield is surprisingly inexpensive compared to other 1911 makers...i have the Mil-Spec...doesn't Fraser in "The Mummy" remake also carry a couple 1917s?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...is the cylinder catch button in that photo plastic? Sure looks that way. Grips look kinda 'fake', too. Might be the lighting.

Neat, but as someone pointed out, expensive!

Blackjack

One Too Many
If that doesn't flip your fedora, how about this... USFA's snubnose .45 in single action w/ a lanyard ring on the butt! Only $1,200 The ultimate 20's gangster gun!
snubnose1.jpg
[/IMG]

Blackjack

One Too Many
OR!!!! US Firearms ( the best gun manufacturer in the country bar none) has just gon into the automatic biz with the "Civialian Model 1910" .45 Auto! Sweet...$1,850 ( not so sweet)
1910_3.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...erk!

I can't get over the prices on 1911s and the like...it's one of the MOST PRODUCED handguns, and yet it's difficult to find one -especially a well-finished one- for less than $600!

This was not the case 10 years ago, and there were fewer on the market.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
Nto so great for those of us outside the US... ;)

The boys at COW have a resin cast version they are building domestically to avoid import problems, I daresay you could get one to complete your Indy outfit.

Which I visualize as Indy undercover at Frankfurter's mansion.

Fedora, jacket, whip, bustier, stockings... :D

Story

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
The boys at COW have a resin cast version they are building domestically to avoid import problems, I daresay you could get one to complete your Indy outfit.

Which I visualize as Indy undercover at Frankfurter's mansion.

Fedora, jacket, whip, bustier, stockings... :D

rofl.gif

DOH!

The Wingnut said:
...erk!
I can't get over the prices on 1911s and the like...it's one of the MOST PRODUCED handguns, and yet it's difficult to find one -especially a well-finished one- for less than $600!
This was not the case 10 years ago, and there were fewer on the market.

And yet it's one of these easiest pieces to build (and fairly cheap, if you have the patience to fish for parts).

I've got a bog-standard 1911 slide mated to an Essex frame. It rattled when I got it, so after an hour or so of work with lapping compound and a big vice it seems to shoot more accurately than my Series 70.

eightbore

Suspended
Blackjack said:
Smith and Wessons new re-pop of thier Model 1917 with lanyard ring, 45acp half moon clips and available in blue, case hardened, and nickle. Get em while you can boys.

Two problems with these...1) they have the silly locking system 2) they have a transfer bar "safety" system rather than the firing pin on the hammer. I'd much rather pay half the price for an original without these much despised improvements.

JMHO

eightbore

kbadr

Familiar Face
I always liked the design of Indy's revolvers. They lie somewhere between the look of classic old-west revolvers, and modern revolvers. huh

Does anyone know what kind of revolver he had in The Last Crusade? It was a top-break (just looked up and learned that term) model. Possibly a Webley, which seems to have been a popular military-issue side arm in the British armed forces.

Huh, looks like I'm right: http://www.indygear.com/faq/gunsfaq.shtml

Blackjack

One Too Many
For you die hard Indie fans, if your not into chopping down barrels and don't mind not having a lanyard ring (although easy enough to install) the Smith Model 22 is a really close match to thier old hand ejector model. Compare it to Indies gun, and it's in 45 acp.
150195_large.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Blackjack said:
150199_large.jpg

The Indy nutters love the gun but not the non SA longer barrel. One guy over at Cow inquired about getting one then having the barrel cut down. I think he modded a squirt gun instead. lol
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran