Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

found a really nice leather jacket at GOODWILL !

green papaya

One Too Many
IM004670.jpg

IM004674.jpg

http://www.goldenbearsportswear.com/

I stopped by my local GOODWILL Sat afternoon and found this BRAND NEW leather jacket made by GOLDEN BEAR SPORTS WEAR of SAN FRANCISCO

still had tags on it, appears to have never been worn! the leather has a nice pebbled texture and weighs almost six pounds, it's heavy!

the tag says made in the USA and has a wool polyester blend lining and quilted satin lining in the sleeves and a inside chest pocket and two lower hand pockets

only cost about $10 , these retail for around $600 - $700

GOLDEN BEAR SPORTSWEAR in SF has been making high qualty outwear since 1922, and they also made leather flight jackets for the military during WWII

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Sefton said:
You got very lucky with that one. It's amazing that something so nice actually made it past the "pickers" and didn't end up going to a specialty store to fetch more $$$. Congratulations on a lovely jacket!

Well....the pickers are pickers at Goodwill for a reason and it ain't cuz they have an eye for vintage clothing. Good fetch, I found an N3-B once at a local Goodwill in Georgia, just bout new. It like I always say, it's not the catch as much as the hunt, but every once in awhile you need a good catch to keep the hunter happy. :) :)

green papaya

One Too Many
thanks, I needed another leather jacket for cold winter days, this one will be my new winter jacket.

my only other leather jacket is a Cooper A2 , not warm enough for those extra cold winter nights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy