Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frank Wright Boots

Nigel

One of the Regulars
OK so I finally bought some new boots. Originally I had been eyeing some Red Wings, either the classic moc toe or the Iron Ranger. Well what with car repairs and a few other unexpected bills I couldn't really justify dropping £200 for Red Wings. However while visiting Manchester on Monday I came across the boots pictured below, made by Frank Wright and almost identical to the RW moc toe for a fraction of the cost and after trying them on I decided to buy a pair. IMO they seem well made, the leather quality good and reasonably supple too so shouldn't take much breaking in. How did I do? I hadn't heard of the brand before but for the price point I'll give them a try. I still hope to get some Red Wings in the future.
On a related matter, I've given them a good going over with Dubbin before wearing them outdoors, any other tips to help keep them looking good and hopefully long lasting.
frank-wright-cherokee-boot-tan-at-sole-food-2.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
What kind of price are they? To the best of my knowledge, Frank Wright is a fashion label. Inexpensive compared to the RWs, but still of reasonable quality. I'd definitely consider a pair like that with a leather sole, as opposed to the white rubber.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
What kind of price are they?
£85. These will put me on for the time being. Personally I hadn't heard of them but a bit of research shows that they have been around since 1885 but I think they have been re-launched for the fashion industry. Maybe these will buy me some time to save the cash for some RW's or even better a pair of Whites' Semi Dress boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy