Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fraudulant ebay seller

Victor

One of the Regulars
I purchased this panama hat body which arrived today. I was hoping that Art could do his magic on what seemed liek a bargain. Well, it was advertised as fitting a size 7 1/2 while it would bareely fit a 7 and while it was advertised as "never worn" it had some serious cracks in teh crown that make it impossible to block or wear. I have send a note of complaint to the seller before sending negative feedback though I wonder now since I have not received feedback from them yet if I should post negative before they respond.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00021906268&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is a gamble

I posted a while ago about a similar looking hat....went for fifty cents over my price...and someone got it for about 30 bucks. Sent it to Optimo, and it turned out to be a "five thousand dollar" hat , one of the finest that Graham had seen.

This hat, is unblocked and a raw body. It could have cracked from drying out due to age and improper storage. The size is determined by the block, and the basic size of the cone. Some hats like you have are small, for a certain range. Is there any pencil size mark inside the hat? You have to be careful buying such hats..but for what you paid, having it and the balsa box is worth it.

Victor

One of the Regulars
it has a nice box. the hat is cracked and unueable. if i did have it blocked it would end up with a n EXTREMELY stingy brim to say the least. the weave is perfectly fine if it wasn't damaged and otherwise would make a nice childs hat

Victor

One of the Regulars
they offered a refund minus shipping. i am going to take it. beats an ebay fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran