Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free gift for all flyboys & gals!!

Mike K.

One Too Many
Hello friends,

I recently scored a couple of mint, unissued Army Air Force pilot certification cards off eBay. In perusing many of the WWII re-enactment websites, I've noticed a scarcity of USAAF paperwork (in particular, the one item that every pilot should have). Well, I decided that for the sake of historic preservation I would digitally scan my original cards and post them to the Fedora Lounge for you to have! :) I don't think there are any copyright concerns, given that this is an outdated government form from a military branch that no longer really exists. Now, don't anyone print them and start passing them off as the real deal!

The original certification cards measured roughly 2.5-2.7 inches by 4-4.25 inches (there was some minor variation between the originals). Nothing is printed on the back side. They should be printed on beige or off-white card stock of about the same weight as a business card. For further details about how the cards should look when filled out, you can refer to page 168 of Jon Maguire's book "Gear Up."

Keep 'em flying!!
scan0001.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Nice one Mike!

Your generosity reflects the lovely, genuine man you are. So glad we got to meet on the Queen Mary the other week. Regards, Paddy.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Feebeeps said:
Thanks :) That is really great to see. Are you into WWII re-enacting scene?
Well, there are few (if any) re-enactment groups where I live. Additionally, most of the WWII re-enactment folks seem more into the infantry & airborne scene. I've been collecting Air Corps/Air Force items since I was a kid and have a small personal museum of sorts. I'd love to join a re-enactment squadron of flyboys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24